News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lower control arms shaft kit???

Started by Jerry Box, 2014-11-24 07:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Box

On the lower control arm shaft kits what shaft go where one is longer then the other? I can not remember it has been to long and I am old. And do the bushing go in from the in side our out side my lower arm measure 14-3/4" wide. I read a post that said from the in side but I think my were in from the out side I just want to do it right. Here is a old picture that I found it looks like it was from the out side but if this is wrong I need to know. [please help]

gasman826

Bushings go in from the outside.  Stop pressing at the little detents.  I have seen some with shims between the bushing and frame.  I don't remember the bolts either.

Jerry Box

RICH MUISE

I think the info Gary gave is wrong...at least I hope it is, cause I've got mine pressed in from the inside..
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jerry Box

Ok
Who is right???
I am confused

RICH MUISE

I found a before and after pic...the upper's go in from the outside, the lowers from the inside. I'm guessing the old pic you found was the top control arm. Also, I'm pretty sure the longer lower shaft bolt goes in the front...should be obvious when you compare what they have to pass thru.

lalessi1

The Shop Manual shows the Bushing pressing in the lower control arm from the inside.
Lynn

gasman826

Damn, knew I should have checked before I answered that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Box

Just got home from work and want to think everyone for your help. So do we All agree lower control arm bushing go in from the in side??

Jerry Box

RICH MUISE

LOL...not sure who is going to speak for "all" of us, but it sure looks to me we're all in agreement.

Jerry Box

Ok good enough for me you know way more about  these cars then I do.