News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

gauge panel rebuild

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2015-02-22 01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

took the gauges apart,replaced the lenses,painted the needles and installed a blue light kit for a mustang.had to see the lights so i hot wired them to make them work 

canadian_ranchero

here is the light kit. :003:

lowrider

Looks good! How much & where did you find that kit?

canadian_ranchero

if you look at the first picture on the second post you will see a scott drake part number.any one who handles drake mustang parts can get it.i got this kit for about $30.there are 3 blue bulbs left,for the heater,clock and maybe the radio.you need to use the stock bulbs for the warning lights,to make them work correctly

RICH MUISE

That panel looks great...nice job.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

Please post how you did this I have tried to remove the lens but other than using a dremel tool to cut the tabs I couldn't figure it out.  I had an extra guage cluster the same color as your but it was all bent to hell I guess a Gorilla removed it.  I removed every thing I could and trashed the housing.

RICH MUISE

Jerry...the lenses are held on from the back with some very small spring clips...be careful not to lose them.
If you need any parts, I have a complete cluster....in the common grey....less those little clips that I sent to another member who did lose his. I can bring it to you in about 3 weeks.

canadian_ranchero

after you take the dash apart,lay the front face down and look at the back side of the lens.take a small screw driver and push on the back side of the plastic lens,going side to side,and the lens will push out

Raven Rider

Rich I think I'm good I need to remove my lens so I can clean them better and in a year or so I want to get the Dakota Digital cluster but $ is little right ow.  canadian_ranchero thanks for the tip.

RICH MUISE

I misspoke anyways..what I have is also missing the speedometer. I sent that to Tim just before he died. Got me to thinking about his wife and kids...hope they are doing ok.