News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

56? 312 with 3sp On LI ny

Started by 57country, 2011-03-10 13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

57country

hello swaping out my 312 in the near future. trying to set up to get rid of my motor without scraping it (runs good). if you want it make an offer! i dont want/need it and would rather see someone use it than toss it. (631)793-1816 if you want to take a ride. dont want to ship so come pick up

Frankenstein57

You might try to post it on the y-blocks forever site, some real die hard y-blockers on there. Mark

oldgasser

Hello 57 Country:
I would be interested but were are you located?
Cheers Oldgasser (Ron)

57country

thanks for the advice on the post. I am in islip ny

57country

if you want call me (631)793-1816

Bubba

ISLIP NY!
I used to drag race at the track there!
That was a long time ago!!!
BuBBa

57country

yea...my dad raced there to. wont know him...wasnt that good (dont tell him i said that...just going by HIS stories) but he had a hell of a time. Now the track is a big sand pit.....wish it was there would love to have a track near home

57AGIN

57country:

Yea, share your pain re having a track near home.  In the 60's when I had my first 57 and Mustang we had Lions, Pomona, Irwindale, San Fernando, Riverside Raceway, Poway all within driving distance.  Now all are gone except Pomona (only open a couple of times a year), Irwindale (1/8th mile), and Fontana (open a couple of times a month).  We used to be the envy of the Nation, now we envy the rest of the Nation.  It's still great to take our rides out to the track, even if it is only once every one or two years.  This year I understand that the NMRA is holding a race out West in July at Fontana.  I'll be there with my 57 if its at all possible.

Bob
57 AGIN

57country

the only drag stip near me is english town NJ!!!! the shut down westhampton a few years back. only local track is riverhead raceway and if youve had the "pleasure" of being there you feel my pain

57country

some one asked for a block id....its ecg gues its a 272. very sorry for posting false info. never bothered to look myself....very very sorry for my misleading post and wasting anybodys time. its a 272 with a 4bbl...make an offer

ptwood

Hi I live here in Merrick, NY
I am finishing a restore on a 57 Fairlane 500.
I may be interetsed in your engine, have you determined if it is a 1956, you say it has a 4 bbl and from what I am told a 272 never came with a 4BBL in 56..
can you send any pictures.
I may be around this weekend and maybe I can come by to take a look. if you prefer you can email to my personal email acct
pjtomasino@gmail.com
thanks Peter