News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero project on hold

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2021-01-07 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

While the Ranchero seats are in upholstery jail I figured it would be a good time to re-finish my grandmothers drop leaf kitchen table.  It has suffered from neglect over the years.  Glue has dried, the many coats of varnish needed to come off and it was really unserviceable.  So the "mini" project started.  This will go to my daughter in TX as she is a direct descendant and has been using a card table for years as a kitchen table.  In a couple of weeks it will become her great, great grandmothers heirloom.

Yup a little off topic but just wanted to let you guys know I'm not dead.....plus I can now rob banks as cleaning those legs removed all my finger prints!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Nice job Bill. What did you use for a finish (I'm a Deft fanatic). We have a very similar table in our sunroom.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

What a difference.  That looks great!
Terry

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys.  That table sat in grandma's kitchen, held the mantle clock she had and a cookie jar.  After she passed my Mom and Dad had it in their kitchen where it held the radio and many violets.  Then after Dad passed it was moved to the basement where it stayed until Mom sold the farm, that's when I got it.  She didn't need an old 1892 built five bedroom house after four of us five were gone.  It then sat in my basement for years as well.  The mantle clock is a Munster, built between 1902 and 1912.  Still works, keeps perfect time and the chime rings as it should, one ding for each hour and a single ding on the half hour.

Rich it is finished with urethane.  Three coats, 400ered between the coats.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

SkylinerRon

I have a similar table except for the rounded corners. Very useful antique for sure.

Looks great!

Ron.

Ford Blue blood

The reaction and tears of joy were all worth the effort!  She has had a tough life and finally got all her fecal matter in one bag.  I feel good about her being able to stay on the straight and narrow.  She finally found Jesus three years ago and that has transformed her life.  I met her church family when taking the table down there.  Good group, serious about witnessing, living the life and full of compassion.  I feel good about where she is now!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

mustang6984

Well done...looks very nice! A piece of art to be sure! I love antique anything...just seems things were built with so much care in previous generations as opposed to today. Time and care.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker