News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

covid - 19 and old age

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2021-01-31 11:10

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

this year i will be 83,  and probly the oldest on this forum,  and since this covid thing has happened,  its put a damper on car showss and our lives ins general,   but i hope to be around for a few years,  put to much into my cars to stop right now,   i don't post often anymore because the cars are running like they should,  but for sosme reason if i'm not heard from for awhile you probly won't know i'm gone until you see my beautiful 57 for sale,      can you tell i'm bored from sitting around?,    jerry

CobraJoe

Let's hope that we hear from you for quite some time then. As far as boredom, i think we all have had our share, hopefully we will be out driving our toys around in the spring.
take care, and be safe and hope to hear from you again real soon.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Gee Jerry...I am looking forward to a little "boredom"...maybe a few days worth before I start trying to find everything after this crazy move.
I would like to see some pics of your rides. And yea...plan on staying around...never too old to have fun...right?   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

One of my breaks from the boredom is taking the 57 for a ride. I feel sorry for you guys that have to deal with the winter weather and can't. Hang in there until spring arrives.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lowrider

After living in Mi. for over 60yrs. when I retired I moved here to Az. Don't miss the snow a bit and don't pass up a chance to rub it in with friends still freezing back there. As far as being bored it seems like I have more to do now than when I was working.

geraldchainsaw

ssince theres nothing to do  on the 57,   or the 69,  i've been looking at old broncos,  1978 and on,  not the older ones ,  i even got the ok from the wife,,  so maybe i can get out of this comp chair and do something,  i sold that 51 6 years ago

RICH MUISE

You're an inspiration to me, Gerry! Sometimes I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting to die. After reading this post this morning, I actually got a few things done today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Die? I don't have time to die! Too much to do yet!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Yes Rich, but I can understand your feeling. I believe it is also these times, that seem to be very re- and de-pressing in many ways. I am only 47 but I can feel it as well, the waiting and clock ticking. But, NO WAY ! I am with Gerald and Hugh. With all the craziness going on, we have to keep on thinking and doing exactly those things we like most. why not another car project !  :002: :003:

( I have always at least 3 -5 projects going on at one point. much like Hugh, I like to have these projects around and tinkering on stuff. I spent most of the past 3 months in my heated basement shop, and it was quality time well spent on car projects)

mustang6984

I spent my last 5 months moving across country! LOL!!! Wish I had spent it on my cars!   :002:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2021-02-03 09:37
ssince theres nothing to do  on the 57,   or the 69,  i've been looking at old broncos,  1978 and on,  not the older ones ,  i even got the ok from the wife,,  so maybe i can get out of this comp chair and do something,  i sold that 51 6 years ago
I love the old Broncos but my wife is looking at the new ones, I'm hiding.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-02-04 09:02
I love the old Broncos but my wife is looking at the new ones, I'm hiding.

I saw my first new one a couple days ago. Had a dealer plate swinging off the back of it, it was kind of a plain Jane model. I'd wait a year or two until the hype wears off and the dealers will move a on the price a bit. There was an ad on C/L for $150 advertising an order confirmation for a new one.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-02-04 10:49
  I saw my first new one a couple days ago. Had a dealer plate swinging off the back of it, it was kind of a plain Jane model. I'd wait a year or two until the hype wears off and the dealers will move a on the price a bit. There was an ad on C/L for $150 advertising an order confirmation for a new one.
The one she looked at was the base model and with the options it was only $32,000, I was surprised it was that low. I would never buy a first year of a model. Her 2016 Escape only has 35,000 miles so I don't think she will get a new one anytime soon. We keep our cars until the wheels fall off.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang