News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ida

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2021-08-29 08:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

James and all of you guys in the path, I pray all goes well!  Going to be a bad one.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

I spent yesterday securing all that I could. The storm intensified to 150mph overnight and is strengthening right now. Baton Rouge is in the direct path and we are hoping for a slight shift in direction to the east which doesn't seem likely at this point. I expect to be without power for a few days. I may be able to post on my phone though. we were planning a trip to Pasadena to go see LSU play UCLA. Looking pretty unlikely now.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I'd nail 'er down and get the heck out of there.....if even possible with such a late notice. Highways are gonna be crazy. Be safe my friend!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

For what it is worth we didn't leave. The storm center is closing in but it did shift to  the east. I had to rescue a bat out of the pool, the wind blew a LOT of dead palm fronds down into the pool, several bats flew out, but one couldn't get out out on his own. We still have power but it has gone off and come back on several times. Fingers crossed! CRAZY! All of Orleans parish has no electricity. Thanks for your concern.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I suspect it'll be a while before we hear anything from Lynn.......but hopefully it'll just be a story of loss of power, and bat rescues. Has anyone heard how the Pass Christian/Gulfport areas faired? Hoping James and his family are ok.

Marc

James posted on facebook not too long ago that he made it through safely.

RICH MUISE

Excellent!! Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully, we'll hear from Batman pretty soon.....(sorry Lynn, couldn't resist)

RICH MUISE

Seeing so much bad stuff on TV about Louisianna, I'm starting to worry about our friend Lynn. I think somewhere I've got his phone number, if I can find it I'll try and call tomorrow.

lalessi1

We came out very well compared to a lot of folks. We lost electricity for 3 days and we just got back our internet service last night. We only got about 3"of rain here the storm missed Baton Rouge by maybe 20 miles. I have a 2.5 kw generator and I pumped gas out of the '57! Thanks for the concern.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Awesome.......I knew you originally said the storm missed you, but then went mia for a while, so I thought maybe flooding from upriver, or ??? I didn't know if that lake you're on was connected to a river, or..
Thanks for the update.

hiball3985

Good news Lynn   :001:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Yup, happy to hear all is well with you guys.  Now for the rest of the folks living there, long road ahead.  We've made a bunch of food donations through the church in an effort to help.  Gas situation is not good.  Can't do much about that from here.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II