News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

warms my heart

Started by alvin stadel, 2021-10-16 19:47

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

About 3 weeks ago, one of our neighbors, a young fellow about 45+, brought in a 1966 chev van. It is kind of a "scoby-do" looking thing. I never give it much thought until I heard him drive by my house about 2 days ago, sounded pretty healthy.  Today he had the over head door open on his shop and I could hear him working on it so I went accros the street just to see what he had. To my surprise it is a 1966 Chev van with a Ford 360 motor C6 trans. ford 4 wheel drive. Someone went to a lot work to transplant all the ford stuff into this van. It dosen't look that bad but he is working on a repaint. It sure fooled me as I am sure it will many others.

mustang6984

Ah...payback for all those boat anchors in Ford coupes.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-10-17 18:38
Ah...payback for all those boat anchors in Ford coupes.  :003:

Yup!  You should see the looks when the Chevy folks see the 351C in my 36 Chevrolet sedan!  Warms me up all over!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Cool Alvin, maybe you could post up some pics?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

alvin stadel

I will ask a friend of mine to get some pictures, and put them on here. As I have said before I am as old school as you can get, and don't have any idea how to do this.  My director of social affairs says it is because I don't want to learn. She could be right.

mustang6984

I learned...so you can too!   :003:

I sure hope you don't sell that Retractable before I can do a decent photo shoot of it for you. That piece of art needs a good photographing! And I...need a ride in it. I might try to win the LOTTO just so I could buy it!  :005:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker