News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

patch panel

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2018-10-25 14:43

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

i'll reword my post,  i'm looking for a patch panel for the lower front of the rear wheel well,  any one know who has them?,  i sure can't find any,  thanks    jerry

terry_208

Doesn't EMS sell a front lower quarter? It reaches from above the wheel well to the door jam. If that's too much you could trim the piece you need. Chances are good that the rust is greater than it looks.
Terry

RICH MUISE

They do. If you are looking for the OUTER sheetmetal, that may be the only way to go. Years and years ago, off brand old stock could be found on Ebay, and sometimes oddball repair panels could be found that wasn't available EMS.
If you are looking for any part of the inner wheelwhell, I think you're out of luck, Gerald. When I did all the rust repair work on mine, all the inner wheel well stuff had to be hand fabricated. For the dogleg 8" or so, I made a wooden buck/form out of oak and hammer formed it to shape. Took some cutting and welding to get a good form, but came out pretty descent.
Continuing beyond the dogleg, around the complete inner wheelwell, both sides, I replaced it in short 5 or 6" long sections until I got all the way around. I can do a detailed verbal explanation of how I accomplished that, if needed.
Sorry, no pics.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

geraldchainsaw

to Rich & Terry,  u both have good info,   sunday i'm having a guy check it out,  but what sounds good is the wooded buck is probly the way i'll have to go,   that i can d0,  as for the inner wall,  from the outside it dosen't look bad,   thanks again.   jerry