News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted...FE, C6 Case

Started by 57tudor, 2012-04-06 15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Hi Guys.
Looking for a D2 to D4, 72 to 74 FE C6 trans case. No broken ears please. Can't find one here in California. If you have one or have a good source, please email me.
Thanks
Rick
57 Tudor
rcoffice@aol.com

gasman826

eBay -- #370602107987

$60 + $24 shipping.
Ohio City Auto

I bought some C6 stuff from them.  Fair and promptly shipped.  I got a round bell C6 in the loft and I wouldn't strip it, clean it and ship it for $85.00.

57tudor

Gasman826

Thanks for the shout back, I already talked to Ron at Ohio City Auto Inc. before posting here. They don't have the right year case that I need, all were the 60's case with the screw in modulator. The 72 to 74 cases have all the mods done to them and has the push in modulator. The servo opening is also machined for the performance servo as well. I don't and won't do business with EBay. That one on eBay is a 60's case with the screw in modulator that Ron told me he had listed. Thanks for the help.

Rick
57 Tudor
:burnout:

Hoosier Hurricane

There is a place called Teal Automotive in Dunkirk, Indiana that parts out transmissions.  You might look them up.   John

gasman826

Not trying to steal your post but you mentioned eBay.  Not defending eBay but curious about your experience.  I've had reasonable experiences with purchases...no better or worse than garage sales, swap meets, want ads, and certainly much better than Craigslist.  It is a world market place that is fairly inexpensive when you consider the coverage.  I have had a couple of disappointing purchases but Buyer Protection has always protected me from financial loss.  Please share so I can learn to avoid another pit fall.

So...it looks like you are mostly looking for pickup transmission cases '72-'76?

57tudor

Many years back my account with ebay was hacked. They baned me saying that I owe them money from the fraudulent purchase made in china even tho I live in Calif. When I finally got through to them, they kept asking me where in china I lived! I told then to stick the account where the sun don't shine. For kicks and giggles, I logged into the account last year and it showed the account was unresolved. After 10 years you would think THEY would have closed it, but NOOOOOOOO. I had a perfact track record at one time.

My friend Joe Piraino who owns Westmenster Transmissions and races a dragster in NHRA said the D2 to D4 cases are the ones to look for. Passanger and truck use the same case, its whats inside that is different. I currently have a D2 in my 57 but I'm building another trans for it. Just need the case to start the project after I complete Bob's 57. Thanks again for the shout back.

Rick
57 Tudor
:burnout: