News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Right door lock rod--short 1 that comes up through the garnish molding

Started by gasman826, 2013-02-07 17:47

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

Just when I think I have two of everything should get rid of the extras...I can't find a right hand door lock linkage rod.  The short one that goes up through the garnish molding and has the knob on it to lock the door.  Rod and clip.  The knob would be optional.

While I'm feeling stupid, may as well admit to another epiphany.  Since the side glass is flat glass and you can get it cut 'just anywhere', I was checking glass prices and tint availability at the neighborhood 'just anywhere' glass store.   No problem...several tints available...they would make house calls to install.  WHAT, you need the old glass for a pattern!!!!!!!!!!  I gave my glass to a forum member with no concern for needing a pattern.  They are a glass company.  I'm suppose to sweep up the pieces and tape them back together so they can have a pattern!  It just never entered my mind.  I must have assumed that there was a glass data base somewhere that glass companies reference.  Soooo, hold on to your old glass until your new glass is installed.

Frankenstein57

Gary, I'm sure I have what you need. I won't be in the shop much till Sunday or Monday, plenty of glass around here if you need a pattern. Mark

gasman826

When you have the rod and clip in hand, PM with the details.  Can I trade you something you need or PayPal is fine.  Thanks

The glass thing was more FYI.  I still have vent glass and one rear seat side glass.  One of my spare doors still had glass.  It was broken but the pieces were in the bottom of the door.  I taped the pieces back together.

Partsman

I can trace a door glass and send you the pattern if needed.
Bill

gasman826

Thanks for the offer.  I think my taped together one will work.