News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new ranchero restorer

Started by yippee, 2010-05-02 14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

yippee

Hi fellow ford fans.  I have gust taken possession of a Ranchero that was in the process of being prepped for paint and it's all in pieces. I think I have most of the parts, but there are few that I can't find and one broken part.  I'm missing the parts that go into the fuel tank: pick up line, vent line and fuel level sender.  The broken part is the turn signal ring that the turn signal lever screws into.  Any help from you experts would be appreciated.  The fuel gage needs some work, anyone know of a good gage shop?

Also I would like to talk with anyone here in Oregon that is working on a Ranchero or any other 57 car.

Thanks

Ford Blue blood

Best thing to do is purchase the manuals for the 57 year models.  Get the service manual, the electrical and the body assembly/seal.  They all have different little bits of information in each that can be used to educate yourself and save a butt load of time and even money.  Get catalogs from several suppliers they contain information as well.  Best money you will spend on the Ranchero!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57chero

Concoursparts.com is your best source for new parts in my opinion, I think they sell the turn signal part you need, as far as the gas tank parts it just has one out going line and a drain plug the sending unit is not being reproduced for the ranchero or wagon so you will need to find a good used one or try to make a repo car unit work which I am going to try.Im in Tigard Or. and  also restoring a 57 ranchero Im about 90% done.

RICH MUISE

welcome to the club...this is a great website. Lot's of knowledgeable people willing to help.
If you need any hard lines for the tank, try inline tube. They have everything you need on computer. You call them, tell them what you need and they'll ship next day. I'd suggest stainless..it's not that much more. I gave a friend my steering wheel and column wiring a while back...I'm not sure if I gave him the turn signal hardware or not...I'll see if I can find it.
Inline tube has a website
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Partsman

The Ranchero did not use a vent tube.  The gas cap was vented.  Passenger cars had a vent line.  New senders are available from Dennis Carpenter.  Are you talking about the turn signal switch that the lever screws into?
Give me a call @ 503 632 3816.  I live in Oregon City not very far from you. I think I have a switch used but good. I may have a dash gauge.  I am building a Ranchero also.
Bill

canadian_ranchero

get a parts book also.the pictures can be very helpful.i also use it to check part numbers of NOS parts to make sure they fit.i am also doing a ranchero,a canadian meteor

Zapato

If Partsman doesn't have what you need check with Clayton 503-684-2059. He deals in 57/58 parts, fair prices.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

billpatton

Did you ever find a source for a sending unit?  I have a station wagon.  I beleive this is the correct Ford Part No. B7A9275-G which I understand is for Ford and Edsel station wagons 1957-1959 and Rancheros. Thanks, billpatton@aol.com