News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Need trustworthy inspection on car in california

Started by mike b, 2012-03-14 12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

mike b

Bob that rear seat set up does look cool.I could see a surf board through the trunk pass through lol.

RICH MUISE

those pics opened right up in Word for me. It looks to me like it was not open to the trunk, so I'm wondering the purpose of the fold down?
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57tudor

HI Guys.
Not sure why Mike can't open the PDF that I sent him, so I just sent him the pic's in 3 separate zip files. Hope that works for him. Here are some on my pic's of the back seat. Also this car had the stationary quarter windows in it. I seem to remember there was a thread on this topic last year. Now I have seen one for the first time, all I've seen in the past had roll-up quarter windows.
Rick.
57 Tudor.

57tudor

Here are the quarter window pic's.
Rick
57 Tudor

mike b

Well,the car in California didn't work out as it was too much metal work needed for me.I did find a neat 70A that is as about rust free as you can hope for. It has an upgraded 302 and ado trans which will work out great for my needs.I will try and get pics here when I get it home.Things have a way to work out for the best... :003:

hrsky

Those back seat seems to come from a station wagon. HR

Ford Blue blood

My thoughts too.  Looks like a 58 Edsel 9 passenger setup I saw a few years ago, been a long time so I am not 100% sure.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

I really like that folding back seat. Would come specially great in a car like mine with diminished trunk capacity or one with a trunk mounted fuel cell. You'd have 4-5 passenger capacity and if you were on a trip would allow luggage space without damaging upholstery. Pretty clever idea one more for me to track down.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Zapato:

Keep your eyes on the Reassembling 57AGIN.  I'm having the upholstery shop re-do my fold down rear seat and I'll provide photos.  When I had it done before, the upper seat used a long piano hinge for the seat to rotate on.  I believe Rene is going to use a different hinge setup this time and the seat should sit a little flatter when in the down position.  It won't be as flat as the one in the 70D photos, because the lower seat doesn't fold down over itself to provide the base for the upper seat to rest upon.  In other words, it won't be a station wagon type setup.  Anyway we'll soon find out how flat it will sit.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Bob, been following your thread religiously. Incredible build you have going lots of inspiration for the rest of us. My car (true business coupe) is lacking a back seat and it could kind of keep that look with the folding seat yet at the same time provide safe and secure seating for the grandkids.

Wondering not criticizing but there appears to be quite a color contrast between the paint colors and the almost aquamarine green color being used in your upholstery. Is the difference that strong in person or are the pictures creating an illusion ?  How does it look in sunlight ?

Zapato

RICH MUISE

Zap....I think what you're looking at is pieces of his old upholstery
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

you're probably right. was puzzling to me.

Zapato