News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gas tank sending unit WANTED for 57 Station Wagon

Started by billpatton, 2012-03-24 16:53

Previous topic - Next topic

billpatton

Where can I find a station wagon gas tank sending unit?  I believe it is Part No. B7A9275 and that it is the same part for 57-59 Ford and 58-59 Edsel station wagons.  It is not the same as sending units used in other models except possibly a Ranchero.  NOS, NORS or rebuilt used okay, I just want to get my car running and my sending unit is too rusted to salvage.  Thanks, Bill Patton, pattoncars@aol.com, 714-321-0000 cell.

bossguy

My son had the same problem with his 59 Edsel wagon, (same sending unit) I'm a Ford parts mgr and I couldn't locate one anywhere. He soaked the sender in that rust removing liquid from Eastwood and opened up the rheostat area and cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner and Q-tips. The Edsel site has the ohm readings for empty and full but I'm not sure if he checked it. The tank is going in today.

billpatton

I'd sure like to hear about your Edsel sending unit progress.  I belive the sending unit is Ford Part No. B7A9275-G which I understand is for Ford 1957-59 and Edsel 1958-1959 station wagons, and Rancheros. Do you recognize the part number?  I had one guy tell me that it is simple to modify a passenger car sending unit by bending the arm a bit?  The rheostat in mine doesn't work, but do have the arm.  Maybe just buy a passenger car sending unit and use my arm?  Thanks for any help or suggestions.  billpatton@aol.com.  PS. I also have a 1958 Edsel Bermuda wagon.

jrw429

I too have been looking for a wagon sending unit. I have a 57 Country Sedan. Could you post or send me a number of photos of your sending unit float arm? Lots of views from different angles would help. I might be willing to try the "just bend a passenger car wire" if I had a really good idea of what the end result ought to be.

62galxe

Im going to get mine rebuilt. Ive had a couple of the vendors sugest John Wolf.
http://www.johnwolfco.com/