News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone familiar with Phoenix area

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-03-30 20:34

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Anyone familiar with the Phoenix area? My wife and I are heading for Phoenix tommorrow for a week and I was wondering if there's any good not-to-miss car related stuff there..parts houses, rod shops, museums, etc. Couldn't find anything in Hemmings as far as shows or swap meets for that week.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hogwagon

In Scotsdale there is a Sat night cruise at the Pavilions. It's a big shopping mall with a MC Donald's in it. Also has a diner across the street. Best cruise night I ever been to. Ask anyone around there. They have In and Out burger joint. Been a few years since we were there but won't forget it.

RICH MUISE

A Saturday night is unfortunatly the only day of the week we won't be in Phoenix...S@#%@! Thanks for the post Jon...How are things goin' in the Springs?...Any progress on that wagon?. My wife and I will be up there for the nhra show in Pueblo in June (?)

cool57

I was going to suggest Pavilions too, the Nickle & Diner is great any night. Check on Jalopy Journal/HAMB. Lot of PHX guys there.

RICH MUISE

I'm gonna be busy the whole week checking things out here. Today I drove up to Scottsdale to pick up some tickets for the last Rockies spring training game, and without even looking for it, ran right into the Pavillions Hogwagon mentioned. It's right across the street from the Rockies/Diamondbacks new spring training facilities. I checked out the local SoCal speed shop here and picked up a few things..nice folks there. From there I drove to a place selling classic cars...in an old Chevy dealership. They sell classics as well as restoration work. Talked quite a bit to a automotive Electrical shop...8 bays and all full..very busy place.
Tomorrow I'm doing the Dessert Valley auto parts salvage yards. The yard carrying the 59 and older cars is about 30 miles from here.
Rich