News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Visiting LA in July

Started by alstoy, 2012-04-02 22:29

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

I am having a 5 day stop over in LA on the way to Europe, staying from the 8th to the 12th July this year and would be interested in any Car stuff, shows, Hot Rod shows, Car Museums, etc that may be on at that time. Hopefully one of the locals can let me know if there is anything on. I am going to a conference but have only signed up for the social events so will have some time to look at cars .

Thanks Alan.   

57AGIN

Alan:

I'll be checking on events for you to attend while you are here.  It is too bad you won't be here on July 14Th, as that is the day of the Bixby Knolls Dragster Expo & Car Show.  They  close off about a mile of a major street in Long Beach and set up about 12 vintage 50's, 60's & 70's Top Fuel dragsters, in an intersection and light them off a couple of time for a Nitro-Methane "Cackle Fest."  Also, they have a car show lined up along the closed street, where Rick and I will have our 57's on display.  Last year, while my 57 in paint and body shop jail over at Santini's, I entered my 2008 Shelby GT in the 74 and newer Mustang class and to my great surprise took 1st place. I'm not aware of any specific car events during this time frame, but maybe we can cruise over to the Bob's Big Boy where Jay Leno and a bunch of those Hollywood types show off their rides.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Haven't made it there myself, but from everything I've  heard, you have to visit the Petersen Museum. Don't know how things are back home for you but here most museums are closed on mondays so plan accordingly.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Zapato:

Excellent suggestion.  I've never been to it and it is on my "bucket list," if of course Alan is interested.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

Alan,   Try www.SoCalCarCulture.com,at the top of the home page you'll see EVENTS, click on that and it will take you to a cruise event calander listed by month and dates,should give you some choices around your time frame and L.A. area plus more dates will be added as you get closer to July!Also go back to the home page and check out the photos of hotrods at previous cruises and also the photo album!!! Enjoy---KID

rmk57

I think the petersen museum has themes, such as Italian, Micro, muscle cars, etc, so may want to check out their website to see wants currently going on. I haven't been there since 08 and the theme back then was muscle cars, Hemi cudas, Boss 429's and the like.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429