News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Not mine, 57 convert

Started by Swank, 2019-03-15 22:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Swank

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

cokefirst

That is a Skyliner,  You are looking at about $200 for the brain and another $500 for the wiring harness.  not counting the fire damage.  That is a pretty big project, I hope someone gets it restored. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

RICH MUISE

Confusing......his father's car, but it has a Copart salvage title. How did that happen that he has it on Ebay? Buyers need to check salvage title laws in their particular state.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

Insurance company totaled the car, then let owner buy it back. Cheaper for the insurance company that sending it to a salvage auction.

RICH MUISE

Exactly..........that's why I was questioning the Copart title........Copart is insurance auction company. I thought insurance companies, if requested, gave two $ options when they totalled a car, they give the higher amount and take the car, or they give the lower amount and you keep the car.
Maybe there are new regulations (surprise, surprise) that require a salvage title to be issued if you keep the car, and they do the paperwork through Copart??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

If the insurance company totals a car and you wish to buy it back then the title is stamped salvage or a salvage is issued. There is a way to "clean" a salvage title but I'm not going to tell you how.