News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windshield trim and screws

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-10-24 16:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I'm just about to start putting in my new windshield glass and I need the little screws for the front stainless trim and a good set if the corner stainless that look like a boomerang.  How many screws and what size if anyone has bought new screws and I will post in the wanted section for the corner stainless pieces.  Thanks

RICH MUISE

Hey Jerry!.... I don't think I kept my old screws, I do remember them being small....probably 4's. I also remember most guys saying it's almost imposible to line up the hole position in the stainless with the original hole, so new ones are just drilled where needed. I think I remember Bill saying he just deleted the screws all together and never had a problem. let us know how the glass install went...I've been procrastinating on putting mine in.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

That is correct Rich.  You can not pull that stainless out of the windshield rubber!  Not real sure why it was put in to start with.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Raven Rider

Thanks I'm STILL waiting on my Stainless to come back from the polisher it has been almost 5 weeks when they said 2-3 weeks.  I called them after 3 weeks and they keep saying next week.  I want to drive this thing I put on a new 390 cfm Holley carb and it seems to be much better than with the Eldebrock carb I was told it was either a 600 or 700 cfm.  I don't know why many hot rodders think they need such a big carb on a basic stock motor.  I've never had much luck with Eldebrock carbs I'm sure they are just fine but Holley carb have just been better for me.