News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

prior owners

Started by 1930artdeco, 2021-05-06 01:42

Previous topic - Next topic

1930artdeco

Hi All,

I thought I read somewhere here of a website to locate the previous owners of vehicles. Does anyone remember the site?

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

abe_lugo

I would say there actually isn't, otherwise the DMV would use it right?? 

Are you just looking to see how many owners have had your car? Or are you registering and need info? Did you find any papers while cleaning it? did it have an oil change sticker?
Did you ask the guy you got it from for any additional info?

That might be a tough one.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Ecode70D

Finding pervious owners is not going to be easy.   I think that  that there are privacy rights also.

1930artdeco

I already registered her-finally. I was just curious as to who owned her before the guy I bought her from. I have a registration receipt from Nevada from 1976. Coincidently, that was probably the last time she was on the road.

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ecode70D

1930art
   Off the road in Nevada in 1976..   That sounds like it could be a pretty much rust free vehicle hopefully
   Jay

RICH MUISE

Have another cup of coffee, Jay...........I think you meant rust-free vehicle, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-05-07 08:04
Have another cup of coffee, Jay...........I think you meant rust-free vehicle, lol.

Thanks Rich.   I fixed it.
    When I'm doing email at 3:00 AM, without coffee, I'm not responsible for what I write.. HAHA!

djfordmanjack

That's when he turns into a nightmare Jake spArrow, Rich. Sailing his White Lightning over the seven seas... :003:

1930artdeco

I wish she was rust free. I am going to have to replace all four pans. A dog leg, and RR inner/outer quarter panel. For now......

Mike
1930 Model A Townsedan
1957 Country Sedan

Ecode70D

1930artdeco
    I hope that you have all of that sheet metal already.  The prices for everything have skyrocketed over the top.
Jay

abe_lugo

I literally just gave away that pan a few months ago. It would have save you some dough. o well.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

Wirenut

In reference to previous owners, it reminded me of a car I had.
I bought a 69 mustang in the mid 90's and found a document in the car, when I removed the dash to restore the car, that had the original owners name on it. As it turned out I knew the family that bought it originally and asked their son if they had owned a 69 mustang. Their oldest son drove the car to college in the 70's and hit a cow, sold it and thought it was totaled.
I found his cigarette lighter in the defrost vent and returned it. My kids went to school with his kids in a small town on the southern Texas border. He was not much of a car guy and didn't have much interest in seeing the car again, but I thought it was an interesting story.  I restored the car and sold it after 13 years. I was hoping to hear any stories or connections with the car when they owned it but to them it was just transportation and nothing special.

glr7533

I purchased my car from a gentleman in Rapid City , SD who had purchased the car from a another person in that area. I was able to find that person and when I was out there I stopped by to show him the car. I think he probably still has the smile on his face. He was sure he would never see it again when he sold it.

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2021-05-07 12:29
   Thanks Rich.   I fixed it.
    When I'm doing email at 3:00 AM, without coffee, I'm not responsible for what I write.. HAHA!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  I don't drink coffee...maybe that's why some of my 3:00 a.m. stuff looks so cattywompus! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker