News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 fairlane wipers

Started by woodytwoshoes, 2010-05-31 18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

woodytwoshoes

Hi, I am reinstalling my vacuum wipers and cant seem to get the cables wound right. diagrams? Help?
Thanks,
Dave

woodytwoshoes

Im new here and this is an awesome site! Thanks for the help. I will send pics of my  fairlane if and when I get it done! Thanks again.

cool57

Right click and open images in new window-they should show up larger.

woodytwoshoes

Thanks cool, I got em going and all is well cept for the vacuum, cant seem to get enough to run the wipers like new. They do move halfway up and with a little help they cycle but not good enough. Maybe the vacuum motor needs a rebuild?

cool57

Open the vacuum motor, clean inside and lubricate the leather flap. I used vaseline. Worked OK for awhile. I went electric as soon as I found a '57 Chev wiper motor-it is a bolt on and looks "stock". That was before the new style electric motors came out, I'd use the new one now.

RICH MUISE

welcome to the site. You can get your vacumn wiper motor rebuilt...check hemmings magazine for sources...however, if you are building a driver rather than back-to-original showcar, save your money and invest in an aftermarket conversion 12 volt kit. Even with a rebuilt vacumn motor you'll end up with a system that's inadequate and frustrating at best. Just mho....Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-06-02 08:09
welcome to the site. You can get your vacumn wiper motor rebuilt...check hemmings magazine for sources...however, if you are building a driver rather than back-to-original showcar, save your money and invest in an aftermarket conversion 12 volt kit. Even with a rebuilt vacumn motor you'll end up with a system that's inadequate and frustrating at best. Just mho....Rich

What he said!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Quote from: cool57 on 2010-06-01 15:51

Right click and open images in new window-they should show up larger.
back to the top