News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

update on Rich's build

Started by RICH MUISE, 2015-05-07 23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

quote: "The trunk looks good, is that a zolatone type paint you used?"
not sure what Zolatone is. This is the spray can splatter stuff. Black with aqua followed by lots of satin clear. I really need to get my whole car detailed out. The trunk I had always figured on carpet and side panels, trunk lid cover, etc. May not get done, but the splatter stuff looks great when it hasn't been abused.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2017-01-31 07:25
Well I calculated the change in caster, lowering the car changes the caster more than I thought. Basically the change in angle of the chassis adds to positive caster by the same amount. A 2" drop amounts to a 1 degree change in rake and a 1 degree increase in positive camber.
Thanks Lynn, that is interesting I didn't think it would be that much either..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-01-31 08:37
quote: "The trunk looks good, is that a zolatone type paint you used?"
not sure what Zolatone is. This is the spray can splatter stuff. Black with aqua followed by lots of satin clear. I really need to get my whole car detailed out. The trunk I had always figured on carpet and side panels, trunk lid cover, etc. May not get done, but the splatter stuff looks great when it hasn't been abused.
Zolatone is like a splatter type paint but it's pretty durable. After the wood paneling in my panel truck fell apart I sprayed the interior with it. It was a common product used on things like the interiors of Andy Gumps before they went to the plastic/fiberglass?

http://www.zolatone.com/
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Zolatone???....Andy Gumps???..... lol, where the heck do you live??
I think the splatter stuff they sell in auto zones, etc are more like the craft type hardware store Stonefleck stuff...not very durable, and certainly not with their topcoat.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-01-31 09:59
Zolatone???....Andy Gumps???..... lol, where the heck do you live??
I think the splatter stuff they sell in auto zones, etc are more like the craft type hardware store Stonefleck stuff...not very durable, and certainly not with their topcoat.
I still live in a cave but I know about Zolatone  :003: Did you read the info in the link about classic car trunks? Even Eastwood carries Zolatone, it's been around for ages.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I'll look into it further. Looks interesting. This is the first I've heard about it. Thanks, Jim!

RICH MUISE

Got my replacement for the replacement speedometer installed tonight. The nighttime color is SO much better than before. It's not an exact match, but I am happy with their efforts to get it where it is. Actually, the color is almost an exact match, it's the type of lighting that differs.
The first pic is as I posted last month, and the second is what I have now.
When I have the $, I'll order a matching tachometer, but now I can leave the small gages as is.

mustang6984

So the idiots that call themselves the mail carriers" never came up with the one THEY lost?
More advertising for UPS or Fed-Ex eh?

Looks good!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

They never found it, denied my insurance claim. I appealed and am waiting on that.

mustang6984

LOL!!! But watch...they'll be looking for a rate increase soon...because they are running a deficit...a rate increase that WE have to pay...so they can keep up with their "stellar" job!

Looks good...too bad it was such a hassle!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

I have not been keeping in touch very much.   Question for Rich.    Do you still have the primed panels on your car, or have you painted body color? 

RICH MUISE

Jay...all painted (for now). Next summer I will repaint the roof to fix some adhesion problems with the seam sealer in the gutters.

djfordmanjack

Rich, it's about time that you cancel the house buying thing and get going on the road trip. I can't seem to get enough pics of your car.... :002: :003:
I would probably not have built it that way, but I just love your car. it's beautiful! Please do take her out and get us some more pics !

mustang6984

Rich///I second what DJ said...I love looking at pics of your car! (I would have probably not painted it black, been down that road...too hard to keep clean!) But it looks so sweet when out on location shots! SWEET!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

look a little further back in the build thread Hugh. Rich's car is a beautiful metallic gun metal color. I am sure he will come up with the color's name and origin. Most original 57 colors are very nice, there was a Gunmetal grey available as a factory paint.
I doubt Rich's is the og color code, and it simply looks great, no matter what.