News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My '57 Ranchero build in pictures

Started by dmkberger, 2018-01-07 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

dmkberger

Still gotta work on it, but I am getting closer! :burnout:
Take offs are optional, Landings are mandatory.

dmkberger

One more try and....

dmkberger

Ta Da! I think I've figured it out. More work on this and we'll try again tomorrow maybe. Thanks for the help guys! I'm using infranview 64 thumbnails and it seems to work. Just have to fine tune it!!!

Tom S

Quote from: dmkberger on 2019-01-19 22:31I've been looking at what I have and what Tom shows on his screen. Mine doesn't look like that...
Maybe you didn't download all the plugins? I'd like to see what your screen looks like.  If you have the sprint screen button in the top row of buttons & towards the right side on your keyboard, get your screen up, hit that button, open a pic & click paste. Name & save that screen pic. It should come up named as Clipboard.
Post that pic here.
I think you're gettin' there. Check out post #76.  The file size is only 81.16 kb with the 800X 600pic size so that's real good. The others are in the 1200, 1300, 1600 kb range & still the 4320x3240 pic size. Too big for more than a couple pix per post.  Of course getting the pic size down to 800X600 or 1028X 768 helps to reduce the file size.
Did you at least get your album to look something like the 1st pic I posted here with the navigation page box checked under the 'Organize' button?  http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7305.msg67305#msg67305
Sorry for all the questions but it seems like you are gettin' there & I'm just tryin' to help ya move along. Keep at it.

CobraJoe

I uploaded your pic to IMGUR so you can see how it posts....(Nice work by the way)

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-01-17 00:37
That's the start menu. Hold the cursor over mine & it says start. Here I've right clicked on one item. You can see that items can be removed or added to that menu.
I've never used a browser to go to pic files & not sure what you mean or how that works.
What about that keyboard 'Print Screen' button?  Got one?
not too different from windows 10. yes, I have a print screen button, and just used it to capture what I was talking about. We're really cluttering up his build thread though, so I'm going to start a new thread on resizing pics with windows 10, and later I'll add a link to it here.
the link: http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7739.new#new
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

dmkberger

I think I've got this. It's a lot to remember, BUT it makes all the difference in the world! :sunny:

dmkberger

I got it, THANK YOU GUYS for all of the help. Old men who have had two strokes take a lot of time to get it through their think sculls how to do some things!!!!! :006:

Tom S

dmkberger

Okay then, Now I can do the build in order of what's happening instead of jumping around from one group of pictures to another.
I will pick this up from where I left off a while back and go forward, quickly and come up to present.
Lot's has happened and is still happening on this build, now I can post pictures like a pro and move on....
WOW, what a pain in my rump that has been. Who'd a thunk it'd be this hard to get my brain to kick in???
Mechanical is one thing, technology is a whole different animal these days.
I quit following computer stuff back when I retired in 2002, lot's has changed in 16 years!
If you just hang with old guys and hang out in your shop, the world moves on even though you don't keep up...
I do appreciate the help you guys have been and the patience to put up with an old guy who doesn't always listen, and I always do things better the second time, or third....

RICH MUISE

glad you figured it out. Did you see the question I asked about the number of Oxygen sensors your Mark VIII donor car had?

dmkberger

I did not... My donor car has two oxygen sensors. My donor car is or was a 1995 which is prior to the four sensor system.
I did not want to have to deal with the extra electronics involved with the '96 and later cars.
There are lot's of things about the later model engines that I like, coil on plug being one of them, but the draw backs of having the theft deterrent ignition system, which is a REAL pain to bypass overrode my using that system. I will make due with my older less techy systems okay...
I have no idea who I would turn to in my area to assist with some of the newer stuff.
I know a LOT of techs in the business, but they are all older like me and retired or retiring which makes it harder to fumble through.
The earlier stuff I know like the back of my hand... I used to anyway!
Wiring is coming soon to my house and I will know pretty quickly if I still have what it takes!!! :005:

fdlrc

Very nice work. Good group of pictures. I just saw an add for a 57 red Custom in Lake Havasu on classiccars.com
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

I couldn't remember how many O2 sensors my '95 MK VIII donor car had, but I was told just like you just confirmed. That's the only reason I was asking, a confirmation on what I thought was correct. Thanks.
Mine had the coil packs and spark plug wires as well. After I got everything up and running I converted it to a "simulated" COP. I used valve covers off a 97 Lincoln Continental, bought a set of 8 coils, and a custom mini harness off a guy on the Mark VIII forum. All the harness does is split each of the the 4 signals the computer is sending (originally to the 4 coils) into 2 signals each for a total of 8. Two cylinders are fired simultaneously, of course just as it was with the coil packs. That's why it's just a simulated cop conversion. A true cop conversion would utilize a computer that sends out 8 signals. I did it solely to clean up the engine compartment.

RICH MUISE

What are you planning for a radiator? I ask because I want to redo my lower radiator outlet  to thermostat, not happy with what I've got now.