Sold B7A-6403110-B Front windshield seal. Just pay shipping if you can use it.

Started by abe_lugo, 2021-09-05 16:59

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

Some one called it shipped and gone.

B7A-6403110-B
#57B Fairlane Town Victoria
#58A Fairlane Town Sedan
#63B Fairlane Club Victoria
#64A Fairlane Club Sedan
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

do any of these swap with the Courier? Could I be so lucky?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

It has the upper and lower trim pocket.  But only list the models in the list above.  It seems to be slightly longer than the hardtop length about 2-2.5". If anyone can confirm.  Let me know.

Ford Blue blood

Might be it was bagged wrong.  The door seals for my Ranchero were too short.  The bag said they were for the 300 2dr but turns out they were 300 4dr front door seals.  Carpenter replaced them, paid shipping both ways.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Hugh, the courier/custom windshields are an inch taller than the Fairlanes. With that said, not sure how much difference there is between the Fairlane hardtop windshields and the Fairlane sedan windshields. I think for one, the angle of the A pillar at the windshield is different.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Rich, it has been a long time ago but as I remember I took a very good windshield out of a 57 fairlane 500 2door post and put into a 57 2dht, that I restored and sold.

abe_lugo

Post windshields are taller than hardtop ones. 
FYI THERE ARE hardtops with the thinner trim also.   

There is what is called a Fairlane club coupe. Or imitation coupe.  The roof height is the same amd the trim is the same as a hardtop.  But the posts on this model are actually bolted on.  You can take  the doors and use the on a hardtop.

Not sure if there is a weird in between size or something.   

Hugh if you want send me your address.  I will ship this off to you.  If you have a loose windshield to try it onto.

mustang6984

I do  not have a loose windshield...and both of mine are broken. I would rather see someone get it that can use it for sure. I will look for what I need when I get to that point...which I am not even close to right now. But thanks.

(what kind of shape was that motor in...ready to rock n' roll?)
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

On the engine I haven't had a chance. Went to look for the compression tested and realized I may have mostly borrowed a buddys at work.  So I ordered one this weekend.
Been reading up on the trans.  That one can be taking and and inspected easily and R&R'd fairly quick. 
I think we will  end up rebuilding  the engine anyhow.  Just for peace of mind and and to get a few years out of it. 

mustang6984

Yea...better safe than sorry I would say. Glad I could be around to get it down to you. The shipping saving will cut the price of rebuild that's for sure!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

brushwolf

Well I am skeptical about there being more than 2 gaskets for the 57-58 Fairlane (with trim provision and without). Here is Classic Auto Glass 1957-1958 Fairlane windshield listing  One windshield for all of them. Stands to reason that the gasket would not be longer for any using the same dimension glass.

Fits Models:
Ford 1957-1958
Fairlane 500 Models 63A, Fairlane Models 63B 2 Door Hardtop
Fairlane 500 Models 51A 2 Door Hardtop Retractable
Fairlane 500 Models 57A, Fairlane Models 57B 4 Door Hardtop
Sunliner Models 76B Convertible
Fairlane Models 64A, Fairlane 500 Models 64B 2 Door Sedan
Fairlane Models 58A, Fairlane 500 Models 58B 4 Door Sedan

So, I find it real hard to believe there is any difference in the shape of the glass, post angles or gasket. I have been under the impression for years that the glass is the same all Fairlane model front glass, with Custom and Ranchero being taller. I have 57 and 58 convertible, 57 and 58 retractable (3), 57 hardtop, 58 four door sedan (2) right now.  If I am wrong, tell me how and I can go check them out...

Among the many projects I am working on is converting a very solid 58 four door sedan Fairlane 500 to a 58 convertible.  Am right now refurbishing the 58 convertible X frame to install under the 58 four door, then install the longer doors, the convertible door posts and quarter fronts, etc. A tree fell on the windshield frame of the real convertible and it was a very rusty car, but mostly complete.

So, I have been examining the windshield frames of all the aforementioned models to see what I need to do as far as the top of the windshield frame. There are inner and outer structures to all of them, but the inner structure appears to be the same on all of them.

Retractable and convertible both have different outer structures on the top than a sedan (for top mechanism fastening obviously). The convertible for the latch type fastening, the retractable for the screw motor fastening and nothing on the sedans.. Other than that the windshield frames appear the same.

If that is not the case it will be useful to know before I get to the point where I need to cut the top off the car. I got a possible line on a 57 convertible cowl with windshield frame still attached in another state, but with shipping I don't want to buy any more duplicate sheet metal than I have to..

51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird

abe_lugo

There is a seam at the lower corners of the windshield frame right above the part that floats over the door opening.  If you imaging a L cut is where the start of the upper windshield section begins. The rest above that is up to what even the model of the body is. 

I agree with you. That there should be only two sizes.  Tall with image red trim in the rubber and short with the upper outer Molding.
I think there also may be short with the custom style inserted molding also.
But it stands to reason that the short can be used either way. 

Regardless I have ordered a correct seal.

Ford Blue blood

I fully agree with brushwolf!  Only two sizes, the 500 series and the 300 series.  The angle of the windshield post is the same between the two models as well.  Just that the 300 series is a touch higher.

Yup....typo....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe