News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater restoration

Started by ROKuberski, 2014-07-07 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

Last week, while just returning from a trip in my '57, I noticed that I had coolant on the floor under the car.  The heater core was leaking.  I took it to a shop to see if it could be repaired and they said no way.  Before ordering a new one, I went to "Sam's Vintage Ford Parts" in Denver.  He provided me with all the parts I needed, including, I believe, his last '57 heater core.  My system never had the original vacuum operated controls when I bought the car.  In fact, the heater just ran wild, hot water through it all the time, so, I installed an inline valve that could be operated from the dash control and that worked just fine. 

Well, when I had to replace the core, I decided to install the proper controls and Sam's had both of the parts I needed and a used core that is holding pressure.  On these parts, his prices were good.

If you have any need for NOS parts, you might contact him.  303-295-1709, no website that I am aware of. 

Rich

RICH MUISE

Got an address so I can stop in next time I'm in Denver?....is this a retail shop, somebody working out of a garage, or?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I replaced my heater core with a new one, but mine also had the set up with no valve and the water ran through it all the time. I didn't want the vacuum operated one and finaly got the cable only operated one from a member on the site. Before hand I didn't know they made 3 variations of that part..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

My 58 began showing a puddle of coolant last fall, and again this spring.  I made a temporary by pass, but I'll need to fix it before fall. Oddly enough it leaked outside the car and not onto my new carpet,  Mark

SkylinerRon

The cores can be recored just like a radiator.
If no one locally can do it there is a company in NY that does them.

Ron.