News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero molding

Started by Charter, 2020-07-18 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Charter

The rear window molding, how does it attach ? Are there two different rear window seals ? One solid and one with a center slot for molding clips ? I picked up the rear window stainless molding at Spring Carlisle but there is no hardware or clips with them. The seller did not know about installing them.

Ford Blue blood

The molding should have a "L" shaped strip perpendicular to the molding it's self.  This goes in the slot in the rubber gasket after the gasket is on the glass and before the assembly is "roped" into place.  It is impossible to install the stainless after the glass and seal are roped in.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Charter

Ok. Not good. Mine is glued in. They used a rubber seal and black sealer. It does not look like it would overlap the metal frame. The inside is a ledge, it does not look correct and it's sloppy fitting. Can you send some close up pictures of the back glass and seal ? D/C seal pictures don't tell enough for me to see if that was used in this car.

Ford Blue blood

Best I have with respect to assembly pictures.  The windshield and back glass use the same system for holding the stainless.  Both need to be assemble first then "roped" in.  The seal lays on the outside edge of the pinch weld, the inner rubber is then pulled over the pinch weld to hold the whole thing in place.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Charter

Thank you. I can see how the seal fits looking through your windshield photo. I will cut mine out and get one from D/C. Your stainless looks really good.