News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Y-BLOCK & 57 FORD SHOOT OUT COLUMBUS OH.

Started by wildhog, 2010-08-08 17:00

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

THE 57 FORD SHOOT OUT WILL BE HELD AT NATIONAL TRAILS DRAG STRIP IN COLUMBUS OH. WE WILL RUN WITH THE Y-BLOCK GUYS, BUT SPECIAL CLASS JUST FOR 57 FORDS. A LOT OF THE RACERS STAY AT THE SUPER 8 IN HEATH OH. ALSO ANOTHER SUPER 8 IN BUCKEYE LAKE AND THE BEST WESTERN IN HEBRON. YOU CAN ALSO RACE IN THE BRACKET CLASSES. RACING FRI. SEPT.3 SAT. THE 4TH, SHOOT OUT ENDS ,BUT YOU CAN STILL BRACKET RACE ON SUNDAY. FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WANT TO RACE THERE IS A CAR SHOW THAT YOU CAN ENTER. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFORMATION. THANKS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JPotter57

Stickers on the way Tom, thanks for all the work.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Boy do I envy you guys in the East.  We were able to have a lot of fun at the Fun Ford Weekends held in Fontana, CA.  But, that racing series is now defunct and we don't have any organized racing events we where we can both show and compete (run our 57's) in out West. 

Maybe I'll try to get something going with a group of the Mustang Clubs out here that can include Fords other than just the ponies.  We have been able to get at least one of the Mustang clubs out here to include a separate class for 57's in their car shows.  However, for some reason there doesn't seem to be much interest on the part of these clubs out here to compete in inter-club rivalry racing events at a race track.  From being the foundation of sanctioned drag racing in the Country, California seems to have evolved into nothing but a "show me what you brung" talkers, instead of a "let's see what you have and run what you brung" racers.

Bob
57 AGIN.

suede57ford

I'm waiting on the machine shop to finish my new stroker Y-Block so I can go racing in Columbus.

I can't wait to see al the guys.

Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

wildhog

PAT, IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN, AND I HAVE CLUB STICKERS TO GIVE TO ALL THE 57 RACERS. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

F570RD

Looks like I'll be there with my very slow 57......at least compaired to four years ago.This will be the first run with the car since the street motor install.Hope'n for Blue sky and Green lights.800 miles is a long way to go for rain :001:

wv 57s forever

F570RD

Its a 460 out of my old tow truck.I got tired of wreck'n **** with the big engines. The car hadn't been on the street in 20 years.I'm guess'n 3+ seconds slower.I'll be getting my moneys worth with more track time :003:

RICH MUISE

Quote from: suede57ford on 2010-08-12 22:06
I'm waiting on the machine shop to finish my new stroker Y-Block so I can go racing in Columbus.

I can't wait to see al the guys.

Pat
quote] Pat, Columbus is getting closer, how's your new engine coming along? I assume this is for your black suede 70a. Are you going to race with you're old set-up if the new y-block isn't done?  Wish I could make it to Columbus this year but it's looking like it's not going to happen...time as usual just came up on me too quick...Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

F570RD

Well that was fun.Enjoyed meeting you guys.......thanks!

wv 57s forever

it was a lot of fun, nice to see you and so sorry you hurt your motor. maybe next year?
   :smtree2:

glen b henderson

Debbie and I made it home Monday night, we had a great time, really enjoyed the cooler weather. It was great too finally meet Jerry Ponder from Ga, John Gamble and Tom. Tom I'll get you a dist in the mail in the next few days. Thanks to everone who bought some of my parts, the funds will help get the race car ready for next year. Look forward to seeing everone again next year and as always if you happen to be passing through LA (lower Alabama) stop by.
Freedom is not Free

F570RD

Well I finely got the engine back together last week and took it for a spin last Friday night.With some earlyer(C9AE) heads I'm now up to 9 to 1 comp.These have Clevland valves 2.19/1.71 and it woke up the motor a bit.New rockers ,push rods and studs.An 11 hundred doller fix for having 3/8 keepers on an 11/32 valve stem. :dumbass:.........that'l teach me.The piston took just a bit of a hit in Colombus and could have been worse.I now need door seals as I never could hear the doors rattle with the big cube engines and open headers. :003:Lot'a fun!

wv 57s forever

glad to hear that your up and running again,good thing pistons werent made into swiss cheese nice talking to you at shoot out maybe next year things will go better. i know i will have slicks next year if the good lord is willing , spinning should stop.