2008 Knott's Berry Farm 23rd Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show & other Events

Started by 57AGIN, 2008-02-14 13:32

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

This is an early alert so that you can mark your calendars and prep your 57's for the various Ford and other events in 2008.  Hopefully, we?ll see you at one or more shows/events.

The first event of the year is the 23rd Annual Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show at Knott?s Berry Farm on Sunday, April 20, 2008.  This is a very large exclusively FORD car show.  Please note: Your 57 does not need to be a show car to participate and have a good time.  Project cars, race cars, daily drivers, cruisers,  customs, and restorations are all welcome and provide the public an opportunity to view the cars they grew up with and wish they could own again.  Come on out and join the rest of us 57 Ford owners & 57 Fords International Club members, get ideas for your car, swap leads on new, NOS and used parts, shops that do good work, and expand your network of fellow 57 and other Ford owners in Southern California.  Pass the word on; let your friends and fellow 57 Ford owners know that we will be gathering again, this time at Knott's. 

Other events you may wish to consider are the annual Seal Beach Classic Car Show, which will be held on April 26, 2008 on Main Street in Seal Beach.  There is also a really good car show held every Friday evening on Main Street in Garden Grove.  For you morning early risers, the Donut Derelicts show is held every Saturday morning starting around 5:30 am and lasting until about 8:00 am (Huntington Beach, the corner of Adams & Magnolia).  For the not so early risers, most Wednesdays and Fridays there is a car show at Ricky & Ronnies (Torrance, the corner of Sepulveda & Normandie).  There is also an every Friday night car show at the famous Bob?s Big Boy in Toluca Lake, CA.   Later in the year the Annual Belmont Shore show is always a great venue to show off your ride.  As is also, the Annual Labor Day Cruise and the Cruise for the Cure both held at the Orange County Fairgrounds in September.  The 6th Annual Fun Ford Weekend will be held at the California Speedway on September 19, 20 & 21, 2008 (this is usually a great event allowing the show cars to also see how they do on the quarter mile drag strip).  Finally, in early December the Annual John Force Holiday Car Show wraps up the year in Yorba Linda, CA.  There are plenty of other car shows/events held out here in Southern California; last year Rick and I attended 20 and 18 shows respectively.  We will try to let you know of these and if you know of some good events let us know of them so we can get the word out.

We look forward to seeing you and your 57 Ford at one or both of these great all Ford events as-well- as at other show and shines throughout Southern California.   Have a happy 57 Ford Year (2008) and drive safely.

57AGIN

Well everyone the first major club event of the season went off yesterday at Knott's Berry Farm.  We had eleven  (11) 57's there at the show this year.  Not as good a turnout for the event this year, but a number of club members were there.  Kid Courier had his Courier really nice parked over with the station wagons next to Dan Weiss's Hemming's Motor News Del Rio cover car.  The rest of us, were all parked together in the 1949 to 59 Ford Car area.  We had Bill Sawyer's trophy winning Skyliner, Ken Wogoman's trophy winning customized Ranchero, Gary Robinson's Custom 300 4-door, Steve Berman's exceptional Fairlane 500 Club Victoria, Phil Meyers pretty blue Custom, Jim Cain's Custom 300, Chick Chicoine's (original owner) Fairlane 500, Rick Crawfords fine Custom 300 (this year with the pro-stock hood), and lastly my (schizophrenic - surfing, cruising, racing) Custom 300.

I brought copies of our printed newsletters and shared them with the non-members and computer phobic 57 owners.  I'm am pretty sure we'll get a few new members, after they saw what's available at such a great price.

I'll post pictures from this years Knott's Show on the Club Events portion of the Gallery.

Bob
57AGIN

4banger

KidKourier

Bob,  Great pictures of all the cars,there were some fine looking "52--56"Fords parked  by you'all over there! Dan Weiss's Del Rio wagon was so pristine that it looked like it just rolled off the show room floor you just stood there and drooled. You could see it in Bob's pics but my wax job (wax on--wax off) reflected the sunshine so brightly that you can't see us in the picture (LOL) ! Okay Bob,next time I'll take the pictures :deadhorse: us LongRoofs get no respect( Aretha Franklin). Seriously, I ment a lot of nice people there both as owners and spectators and enjoyed the conversations, even got some contacts for parts!  Skip   :006:

57AGIN

Skip:

I really messed up with  my camera :dumbass: when I came over to take pictures of you and your Courier and Dan Weiss & his Del Rio.  I inadvertently had my digital camera set for taking Movies instead of Photos.  I've been trying to figure out how to convert the shots of you two and your cars into a couple of still photos.  One of the kids my wife and I helped raise says that he can probably do it on his computer, which as a special media conversion program on it.  Here's hoping.

Bob
57AGIN

KidKourier

Bob, Great news, I always wanted to be in movies,"LIGHTS-CAMERAS-ACTION", autographs anyone? No problem Bob, I was trying out my new digital camera and have a wonderful shot of someones feet(don't know how that happened). Now where's the phone # for Star Search, American Idol,--------Aah  OPRAH!  LOL !      Skip    :005:  :005:  :005: