News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

EDIT: Nope, same thing happened with Chrome, once I hit :POST" it brings me back to the Main Forum page. However, I did notice when I come back and "MODIFY" the post, then hit "SAVE", it brings me back to my post, weird? :felix:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

My bad...I thought you were talking about the main home page, not the forum page. Mine is the same.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Joe
  You are doing good.  You have completely lost me on how you keep coming up with cool old car pictures.
    Will see you tomorrow in Halifax.  We may have three 57 Fords there if the weather holds up.
Jay 

Swank

CobraJoe,
If you hit the attachments and other options link right below the text box,  there should be a clicky box you can put an X in that says "return to this topic".    I think that should bring you back.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

Thanks Swank. it worked; now if there was only a way to make it permanent...  :deadhorse:

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-09-21 05:05
Thanks Swank. it worked; now if there was only a way to make it permeant...  :deadhorse:
It's always stayed permanent for me.  Doesn't the 'Notify me of replies' check box stay permanent for you? *Well, maybe that's something that's also in the profile.
And thanks for all the great pix!

Swank

Ahh, yes.  Tom is correct.   Click on your name, under modify profile click look and layout, theres an option to pick "return to topic by default" box.

-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

CobraJoe

Thanks guys, it worked, I guess I should have done a little more exploring on the settings.. :icon_scratch:

CobraJoe

Does anyone here remember John Guenther's 1959 Ford "Beach Boy" ?

"    Restyled in 1960, the front fenders on John's Ford were extended 5 inches. The grille cavity was frenched and fitted with a tube bar grille. It featured rolled pans front and back. The front pan incorporated scoops. Scoops were also added to the front fenders. The body was nosed, decked and shaved for door handles, and the gas filler cap was moved into the trunk. The taillights were frenched using 1959 Buick components. The rear quarter panel featured dual frenched aerials and it ran molded in lakes pipes. The build was finished in a wild red color, done in enamel due to the weather. It was dressed up with pinstriping, Appleton spotlights, frosted Plexi-glass plates over the headlights, mag wheels and rear nerf bar type bumpers. Under the hood, everything removable was chromed.
     Once completed, the car was shown under the name "Beach Boy" in Canada and the USA. It was also featured in several magazines"

"In January of 2018 the remains of the car was advertised for sale on Craigslist. It was located in Vancouver, and the asking price was $4800. The body was pretty banged up. Floors, trunk and body mounts were intact and repairable. Seats and roof bows were missing."

djfordmanjack

OMG  :005: what a shame!

djfordmanjack

Hey, somebody took a picture of my Country Sedan without asking. Funny, as I can't even remember filling up at Flying A in the past 60 years  :002: :003:

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-09-21 19:15

CobraJoe

Marc

The guy in the first pic of #443 drives just like me, with one arm hanging out the window.

Ecode70D

Do you think that we will ever see that "Beach Boy" car back on the road again?  Looks like they put hooks under the fender openings to lift it up or to pull it around.