News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2019-02-09 09:34
427 with a 352 crank...397
Thats exactly what they were. The short stroke really allowed the engines to rev quickly and pull really strong off the corners on small 1/4 to 1/2 mile tracks were these cars ran most of the time.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-02-08 21:43
Ha! With all the great Ford pix you've given us how could it be any other way!
Here's a thought; if you delete that post/pic I'll delete my reply to it.
What ya think?

Tom
       Joe is a pretty good guy.  He likes his Fords and we get to hang out in the summer at the Friday night cruises..   Why don't we just let him slide this one time? He is entitled to just that one slight mistake.   Well actually I did see him taking a picture of a 57 Chxxy one time.  He did  say that it was for a friend.    Jay

CobraJoe

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2019-02-09 10:49
      Tom
       Joe is a pretty good guy.  He likes his Fords and we get to hang out in the summer at the Friday night cruises..   Why don't we just let him slide this one time? He is entitled to just that one slight mistake.   Well actually I did see him taking a picture  57 Chxxy one time.  He did  say that it was for a friend.    Jay

:snoopy2:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

"Well actually I did see him taking a picture  57 Chxxy one time.  He did  say that it was for a friend.    Jay"
My friend, who I am always giving a hard time to about Chevy stuff in everything, asked me why the heck I had pics of a '57 Nomad on my iphone. lol. They were for my ex brother-in-law who has always wanted another one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

Rich
     Both you and Joe are going to have your cell phones disinfected or replaced.
Jay 

CobraJoe

You guys are really going to hate me now, this is what I have been working nights and weekends. Once again, I beg for forgiveness.  :confused1:

CobraJoe

...and now back to our regularly scheduled program;

lalessi1

OMG! I hope you recover from the insanity soon! :o
Lynn

CobraJoe

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2019-02-10 08:17

OMG! I hope you recover from the insanity soon! :o

He is a good friend  whom I've known for over 45 years (he is actually a Ford truck guy) and has helped me with many of my Ford projects over the years, so I don't mind helping out when I can. It actually helps the winter pass by quicker.
    He's a few years older than me and he actually purchased the car from the original owner when he was 15 years old. I remember going for a ride in it when I was just 14, lol. He drove it as his daily driver up until about 40 years ago and then just parked it. He garaged for some time, then it sat outside for some years after the garage he had it in got sold. Several years later, he built a garage at his home and he decided he wanted to restore it and drive it again.  :thumbsup:

hiball3985

Every time I see one of these 57's it reminds me of a beautiful black 57 at our local car show and it's powered by a 427 Ford  :001: So there is a chance you could redeem yourself  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

Hang on !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-02-10 09:20
Every time I see one of these 57's it reminds me of a beautiful black 57 at our local car show and it's powered by a 427 Ford  :001: So there is a chance you could redeem yourself  :003:

There was an article in Street Rodder mag about a year ago of a guy who bought a '56 Chev and turned it into a convertible...with a 427 side-oiler in it. Was his way of sticking it back in the faces of those guys who thought putting bow-ties into Blue Ovals was a good idea.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Stylists clay for the 1939 Ford. Photo taken for Chief Ford stylist E.T. Gregorie in February, 1938.

Ecode70D

Joe
    Are you telling me that you actually have that thing in your garage?  You are still a good guy for helping your old friend like that.  We'll just call that a temporary winter illness that you have.
Hopefully you will be all better in the spring time.  Jay