News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

STARLINER
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

John Palmer

Quote from: hemidave on 2019-04-22 08:36
STARLINER

The photo of that flat bottom V-Drive ski boat brings back lots of memories.  We had a old 1960's Caribbean V-Drive and the cavitation plate and linkage leaked water so bad we had to keep the trailer in the water to park the boat on when it was not moving.  It had one way check valve flaps across the transom that let the water out when the boat was moving.  The engine was a dual Holley equipped 427 Ford Medium Riser.  We ended up sinking the boat, dragged it up on the trailer and winched it up slowly as we bailed out the water.  Finally we had the boat out of the lake, and the crankcase was full of water!  We drained the lake water from the oil drain plug until we saw oil begin to come out.  We pulled the carbs and turned them over to drain the water. and dried the dual point distributor with brake clean spray.  Pulled all the plugs to spin it over and pump the water out.  Then we got it started, and took the boat out to get the oil temperature up.  I'm still amazed that it even ran.  Those were great times, we burned a LOT of dinosaur gas.  The best part, it was 35 cents per gallon.  Seems like yesterday.

RICH MUISE

That '61 Starliner is one of the prettiest cars ever made imho.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Cecil

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-04-22 12:57
That '61 Starliner is one of the prettiest cars ever made imho.

Indeed.  I remember seeing a black one with a red interior when I was a teen.  I've always thought they were one of the coolest cars on the road.
"I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you." - Brother Dave Gardner

djfordmanjack

Jeff Norwell

Starliners are one of my favourite fords... except.......a 57 is better. hahahah
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I would love to build a Nascar version and one for the street.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

62s are nice too
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

RICH MUISE

Only thing I'd change on that black one..................... would be better with Texas plates and a cowboy hat on the package shelf.
well, ok.maybe ditch the raised whiteletters and hood scoop in favor of something a bit more subtle.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

They must be the next most underrated Ford to the 61s....I have been discussing this with people who like the car to the back of the 62 better. ( yes the 1957 tractor with all the chrome load of tin foil on it  :003:).
Some call the 62 slab sided, but I personally really like the smooth appearance, they had spectacular interiors as well !
You got to love the MT Rader mag wheels !

Quote from: hemidave on 2019-04-23 10:16
62s are nice too

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-04-23 10:20
Only thing I'd change on that black one..................... would be better with Texas plates and a cowboy hat on the package shelf.
well, ok.maybe ditch the raised whiteletters and hood scoop in favor of something a bit more subtle.
I agree, change the hood and turn the tires around, I'll keep the hat :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

All the Starliner tops really looked great and the rear view that looked like a carry over from from '57s with those little fins and big round Ford tail lights was IMO just outstanding.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane