News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-05-16 06:03
Not sure what you're seeing, except a quick look is like what you described. A closer look shows the ("something that doesn't belong there"?) exhaust blocking the view of the shock lever making it look cut off.
Yes! Thanks, Rich, you're right. Funny how our eyes can sometimes play tricks on us.
Maybe I was fooled a little by the reflection in the pipe that showed that light color that doesn't really exist quite like that on the car plus the end of the pipe blending in to the tire.
Thought that maybe part of another pic had accidentally been pasted over the original pic.
I guess it was kinda an "obstacle illusion".  :003:

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

A few trucks
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

^^^^ NOW THAT IS COOL!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

First thought that came to my mind was "Wonder how many of those trucks became hot rods eventually?"
Nice pic!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

mustang6984

I thought it looked like an early Ford dealership. What are you thinking?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

what about the Asian letters on top of the entrance ? I don't know if these are Japanese, Chinese, Malayan or similar.
the rider of the bicycle seems to be using the right lane, so possibly not Left Lane traffic as would be used in Japan. I think I remember an old photo from the late 1930s that depicts a Lincoln/Mercury/Ford dealership in Tokyo,Jpn. which is highly interesting, considering what followed shortly after. Same goes for the European theatre. I believe the German Ford factories were not strafed until very, very late in the war.

hemidave

Getting real service !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-05-18 03:55
Joe, can you explain this , please !

This photo was from the Life Magazine from or on the The United States Taiwan Defense Command listed as a Ford Garage 1949. The United States Taiwan Defense Command was a sub-unified command which reported directly to the Commander-in-Chief Pacific (CINCPAC). The command was composed of personnel from all branches of the U.S. armed forces and had its headquarters in Taipei.
It looks like it also says Mercury on the top left of the building's wall which makes me think it is a dealership.

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

very interesting ! thx.

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-05-18 05:46
... the rider of the bicycle seems to be using the right lane, so possibly not Left Lane traffic as would be used in Japan....
On a different board a while back there was a pic alleged to be taken in Japan. The drivers were driving in the left lane.
Since I'd been in Okinawa & riding motorcycles there in 1969 &  like most of the world everybody drove in the right lane I questioned the authenticity of the location.
I was surprised to learn that at some point the Japanese had switched to left lane driving.
Was in Taiwan very briefly in 1968 & they drove in the right lane.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe