News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-11 17:08
roughly translated as Friendly wine. Wonder what the meaning was? Maybe Gunther can do a better translation...my Italian is beyond rough. G?...

"Named "Vino Pasiano", it's rumored that the car was named after a bottle of wine on a shelf in Larry's shop. Another opinion holds that it was due to the color."
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

A happy Ford family
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

Those are the Choppers car club from Burbank, Ca. not a pic from the 1950s, but rather around Y2k. Probably one of the most dedicated bunch in the revival of traditionally styled cars. I can see Fishs F100, Verns 34, Keith Weesners (infamous artist) roadster and Aaron Kahan ( later editor of Rod and Kustom magazine) 32 Cpe. All of their cars are very individual and can easily be told from other Hot Rods.

quote author=CobraJoe link=topic=7503.msg73410#msg73410 date=1576148978]

[/quote]

djfordmanjack

Pasiano is the name of a city in upper Italy, about halfway between the Austrian border and Venice, about 200 miles or 4 hours from my place. that region is reknown for their fine wine. It is just so beautiful there. An Italian friend of mine has an old farmhouse very close to that town. they are the typical Italian 2 story stone houses with red tile roofing. I visited in 2003 with my 57 Courier and drove further south past Florence and near Ancona to attend a vintage car and music festival, the Summer Jamboree in Senigallia.
When you go on your European tour, Hugh, you want to see this area as well. Italians in general they are crazy about old cars, le macchine d'epoca as they call them.

It sounds as if Larry Watson indeed named his T bird after a brand of Italian wine. I believe it was one of the first candy pearl paint jobs ever and the candy red faded badly within months, so he had to redo it shortly afterwards with even more shades and panels.
imho Larry Watson was one of the greatest car painters ever. I just love each and every of his creations. He also did a lot of 57 Fords.
the T bird is gorgeous !

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-12 05:06
"Named "Vino Pasiano", it's rumored that the car was named after a bottle of wine on a shelf in Larry's shop. Another opinion holds that it was due to the color."

djfordmanjack

oops, that is not Aarons blue 32 Cpe in the pic, that must be Jack Carrols Flathead powered brown Deuce !
that must be one of the most beautiful 32 Fords ever.

mustang6984

Thanks Joe. Ditto Gunther.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Amazing info, Gunter. Haha, I was trying to figure out if that overhead shot with the 5 cars were of really detailed models. Look to be on dirt or sand , but no tire tracks or footprints.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Correct Gunther, here is a color photo of the same shot: (technically still an "Old Ford" pic, or a pic of "Old Fords"  :003:)

The Burbank Choppers at the 2008 CHHR in Bakersfield

djfordmanjack

I am not blaming you Joe, sure old Fords and with time fleeting like a summer breeze, this is even an old pic by now. I remember when I bought my first Car Culture Deluxe magazine around 2000 and the Choppers CC were on the cover

djfordmanjack

Sorry that I cannot provide any further info on these shots, but I am sure that somebody somehow on this forum will be associated or know the whereabouts. Now guys, hold your breath !!!! watch this.

hiball3985

OMG!!! E and F twins..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Minter restored cars, the best you can get. The dual quad car I believe is a real E code, while the F code was built using correct parts. What a pair for sure.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

hemidave

2 wagons
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.