News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

That's a great photo, Tom.  To get an idea of the scale, is what is the distance between streets?   
Terry

mustang6984

Quote from: Swank on 2020-01-16 07:09
Im thinking we'll eventually be tracked by some sort of mandated GPS, and then taxed on a mileage basis.  Which in turn, could put some of our "non-connected" cars in a vicarious position.

It has already come. Oregon has several "test" cars doing that now, and WA state has begun making noise about making it a requirement for all cars. They say they will "reduce" the gas tax. LOL!!! Yea...for about 4-5 years, then it will creep right back up and you will be paying double taxes essentially on every mile traveled.
Government = theft!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: terry_208 on 2020-01-16 10:16
That's a great photo, Tom.  To get an idea of the scale, is what is the distance between streets?   
About 450 feet between the streets in front & back of me but they aren't centered on their 60 foot easement. My back lot line that the arrow points to is 208 feet long.
Friend took the pic from his plane.  Wish I'd been with him!

CobraJoe

The Mustang I concept car was designed by Ford designer John Najjar in 1962 and made several appearances in the Ford Custom Car Caravan

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

that is an awesome Piper bushplane! Do you follow the 'Flying Cowboys' on Youtube ?

Quote from: Tom S on 2020-01-16 12:45
About 450 feet between the streets in front & back of me but they aren't centered on their 60 foot easement. My back lot line that the arrow points to is 208 feet long.
Friend took the pic from his plane.  Wish I'd been with him!

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

A '58 and a '52
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-01-16 17:06
that is an awesome Piper bushplane! Do you follow the 'Flying Cowboys' on Youtube ?
Nope. There's hundreds of small planes here that use what some people call "Tundra tires".  They sure help with landing & takeoffs on very rocky river sides & beaches with rocks bigger than a toddlers head.
This is flying country. We have the most private pilots per capita of any state in the country by far.  Unfortunately I never learned to fly when I had the chance, really wanted to but couldn't afford a plane then anyway. I've always regretted it.: (

Flying up to a bush landing strip to nearby Knik Glacier you can fly thru what looked to me like a pretty narrow ice canyon.
Above it & with my experienced pilot friend beside me I was at the controls. He says to drop down into that canyon. Looked too narrow to me, I chickened out & he took it. Once we were in it didn't look nearly as bad as I'd thought. : )

djfordmanjack

that's a great pic ! The blue ice looks menacing !

CobraJoe

Built by the legendary Gene Winfield from a 1963 Falcon convertible

hemidave

RICHARDS
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

This Ford E-100 Econoline pickup was transformed by Gene Winfield

hemidave

RICH MUISE

That pic of Richards drive in is where Jay's wife use to work in the 60's. One of my old go-to destinations. It's on the Charles river in Cambridge, Ma. Miss that muddy water!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

sure ! we can even spot Mrs. G.V. Arrow in that pic !  :002: :003: