News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

What was Shelby's tie-in to the Tiger? Always wanted one of those.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

I found something neat on todays local Sunday morning flea market. Couldn't even believe my eyes...this might not be something special for you guys in North America, but sure makes for a rare find over here, in the middle of Europe.

Besides being interested in vintage aviation, there is more to this cover of German Flugwelt ('Aviation World') magazine from March 1959 !
Take a closer look ! :002:

FiveSevenLiter

Das ist gut.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

djfordmanjack

RICH MUISE

That's pretty cool. What country was the cover pic taken in?
Just a few years ago I found a "license plate"/dealer's name plate from my small home town of Acton, Mass....Anderson Ford Sales........the local Ford dealer there. I found it at a swap meet in Fort Worth, Tx!

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-02-09 07:18
What was Shelby's tie-in to the Tiger? Always wanted one of those.

Shelby always had his eye out for a potential new "toy" to develop. He also attracted interest from others who were looking at his "can do" mentality as a way to add some spice to their vehicles.
https://www.motor1.com/news/74903/sunbeam-tiger-carroll-shelbys-forsaken-mistress/

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/12/04/before-le-mans-ken-miles-and-carroll-shelby-built-first-sunbeam-tigers

https://silodrome.com/sunbeam-tiger-car/
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Rich, I was a little puzzled at first, but it is pretty obvious that the pic was taken in the USA, even though it is on the cover of a German magazine. The caption says: Midget racers pre start. Photographer Howard Levy
which is a pretty common American name and the plane to the front carries the N26C reg.# which is a North American (=US-registration).

cool story about that MA plate frame that you found in TX. Isn't it sometimes peculiar how that stuff FINDS US...?

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-02-09 11:09
That's pretty cool. What country was the cover pic taken in?
Just a few years ago I found a "license plate"/dealer's name plate from my small home town of Acton, Mass....Anderson Ford Sales........the local Ford dealer there. I found it at a swap meet in Fort Worth, Tx!

CobraJoe

Had to look for it, but I knew I had it:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

terrific shot Joe !

HONK !

Back when life was simple and you didn't need to have an I phone and about 100 different codes to get access....loving it !  :003:

RICH MUISE

"Isn't it sometimes peculiar how that stuff FINDS US...?"..................Yep.......downright weird sometimes. I'll tell a story on morning coffee about something I found in Missouri.
Joe, wow.......but that building looks totally unfamiliar, but that was 50+ years ago. Back when I lived in Acton, Anderson Ford was actually in the next town........Maynard, home of Digital. Sometime after I moved, they either moved to Acton or opened a second dealership there. That shot you posted, I cannot picture being anywhere in Acton, possibly Maynard. Any info on that pic/dealership? Common name, probably a dozen of them around the country. Thanks, Joe.

Ecode70D

Those 3 Fords are just beautiful in front of that old dealership.

CobraJoe

You are correct Rich: Anderson Motor Sales Ford, Slater MO, 1959

I knew I had the picture but never thought to research it.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

whoa
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

Jesse James Ford sales Weymouth, MA

mustang6984

So...have to ask...was his head of sales Frank James?
Parts department run by Cole Younger?
Service department led by the Dalton boys?
:glasses9:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker