News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Picture  # 3213
     As most of you know I had my custom for about 20 plus years before I started to get serious about working on it.  ( I was too busy
building 34 Ford convertibles..)

In those days I was able to strip a 57 Fairlane convertible for all the top pieces including the windshield area, door parts
and top assembly.  As I recall the only piece that I didn't have was something for the right door . I had it in mind to build a 57 custom convertible.

After thinking about it, I changed my mind and didn't do it.  The only major piece that I was missing for my custom was the steel  back
seat package tray.   Member John Vierra  allowed me to copy his nice original one.   

djfordmanjack

Jay, I really like that idea of a Custom 300 Convertible, that Rich posted. very sporty looking. You should have build it !
Then again I know your white E code Sedan and that is one sweet 57 ! So you did right in building it the original way.
Maybe your next 57 will be a Custom Convertible !?  :002:
Did you see Joe's incredible 39 Ford Coupe ?

Ecode70D

Guenter, Yes   I did see the pictures of Joe's 39 coupe.   It's just stunning.  I couldn't help but stare at the pictures of the
under side of it also.  The detail work is unbelievable.

Joe your 57 is clean and beautiful and you do drive it, so I really do think that you will drive the 39 coupe and not just put it away
and save it.  And  FWIW I got to drive Joe's 57.  It drives and handles like a brand new car.
Jay

Lou

If you were to build a 57 Custom 300 convertible wouldn't you need the top and rear seat and rear glass from a 52 thru 56 convertible? I always wondered about that as the custom and custom 300 had the same wheelbase as a 52 thru 56 Ford.

CobraJoe

Thanks for the kind words Jay; very much appreciated.
Let's hope this '39 checks out okay, I should know by Tuesday, as the inspection is on Monday. It's really weird buying something you didn't build yourself; this will only be the second car I haven't built myself, ( the '57) but the again, the prices that people are selling these things for today really make it worth while.
On the other hand, I haven't spoken to you in a while Jay, so i hope things are well with the Mrs.?
I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers every night.

Joe
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

FiveSevenLiter

Great looking 39!
I miss mine.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I have said there is nothing better than a wet soapy wash mit coming over the roof and down to the trunk of a 39 coupe.  The high wipers, flip out windshield, flattie with twin pipes, it is all good.  A couple owners after me changed it to a 40, BBC and ostrich skin interior.   :003:
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Hello Dear
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2020-02-14 21:27
Great looking 39!
I miss mine.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I have said there is nothing better than a wet soapy wash mit coming over the roof and down to the trunk of a 39 coupe.  The high wipers, flip out windshield, flattie with twin pipes, it is all good.  A couple owners after me changed it to a 40, BBC and ostrich skin interior.   :003:
Terry
:canada:

Ecode70D

Quote from: Lou on 2020-02-14 19:52
If you were to build a 57 Custom 300 convertible wouldn't you need the top and rear seat and rear glass from a 52 thru 56 convertible? I always wondered about that as the custom and custom 300 had the same wheelbase as a 52 thru 56 Ford.

Lou
    It's very possible that the 57 Fairlane convertible parts wouldn't have been an exact fit but that was the only parts car that I had access to at the time.
    My other profession is antique auto restoration.  I'm accustomed to working with parts and pieces that don't fit. 
    But my work is not as nice as Geunter in Austria. 

Ecode70D

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2020-02-14 20:29
Thanks for the kind words Jay; very much appreciated.
Let's hope this '39 checks out okay, I should know by Tuesday, as the inspection is on Monday. It's really weird buying something you didn't build yourself; this will only be the second car I haven't built myself, ( the '57) but the again, the prices that people are selling these things for today really make it worth while.
On the other hand, I haven't spoken to you in a while Jay, so i hope things are well with the Mrs.?
I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers every night.

Joe

Joe   You kinda lost me when you mentioned inspection on Tuesday.  We really need to talk ASAP.  Call me.
          I still have that T shirt in the 57 Ford for you .  Maybe we will hook up at the cruise this spring or at
         Great Woods flea market if I do get to go.
         Thank you for the prayers.  They are really appreciated. She needs all that she can get.
      Jay 

Ecode70D

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-02-14 16:55
Jay, I really like that idea of a Custom 300 Convertible, that Rich posted. very sporty looking. You should have build it !
Then again I know your white E code Sedan and that is one sweet 57 ! So you did right in building it the original way.
Maybe your next 57 will be a Custom Convertible !?  :002:
Did you see Joe's incredible 39 Ford Coupe ?

No Guenter
      If I can ever build another one, and that's only if....  Then it would have to be a Ranchero because as you know, I have a few spare pieces of
sheet metal for one and it's titled..

rmk57

If only I had a crystal ball.........................

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

Or if we could find a "time machine"... :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2020-02-15 20:13
  If only I had a crystal ball.........................

...............and a bank. Adjusted for inflation, $3,395.00 in 1966 is equivalent to $27,434.80 today!