News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

John Palmer

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-06-16 14:43
Working at a dealership fresh out of high school was every cr guy's dream...and was obtainable too. Not so much today. Miss those good ol' days.
Have a buddy who is a cop in Phoenix...I wonder if he buys his Fords from there? Took his wife's Explorer in once for an oil change...and when it came back out...it had turned into a new Explorer. That's the story he told her anyhow! LOL!!! After a couple of days she was fine with it...but a little miffed at first.  :005:

The dealer (Don Sanderson) was also on the Glendale Union High School Board of Trustee's.  Each year he gave a Snap-on tool box with a starter set of tools to the top industrial arts (auto shop) student at each of the four districts high schools.  He also gave a interview to each winning student and offered a chance to come to work for the dealership.  We worked in the used car get ready department.  I worked all summer of 1965, then told them I would be leaving to attend the local college.  They said, don't quit, just come work anytime you want to around your college schedule.  Hard to believe today they would be so flexible.  I worked there over six years, and had a great time.

I went to college with a guy named Dave Kimerle who later married Sue Sanderson (Dons daughter), and still runs Sanderson Ford today. 

mustang6984

I'll ask my buddy if it is still there. He is a hamburger slut! LOL!!! he's a detective now, but was a patrolman there for 20+ years.
He works for Phoenix P.D. but lives in Glendale. Sent him an e-mail.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

So this is what my buddy said...

"Yup Patty remembers that place but it's long gone and they have widened the road around there.  Sanderson Ford still has a 50's diner called the starliner.  The food is ok. "

Patty is his wife. I believe she was born and raised in Phoenix area. He moved there out of high school from the "nation state" of Cali.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

C/G
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

BP57CUSTOM

WVOK , The Mighty 690 ! I listened to the Joe Rumore show daily when I was a teenager, it was about a hundred miles from our home.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

CobraJoe

hemidave

MY BABY
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

hemidave

'61

mustang6984

How could such a nice looking woman be so stupid? (Bonnie)

And yea...I'd have hopped right in that trunk with the lady...yep...would have!  :002:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

John Palmer

Yup.......The days of Big Trunks, and Removeable Back Seats, the cheapest way to get into the drive in.

fdlrc

Curious on that 61, is that an add-on 1" or so reflector?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

CobraJoe