News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

My first Mustang was a 70 Sportsroof non Mach 1,that I bought in 1976,  Grabber Orange with a M code 351C 4 barrel with Shaker hood, rear spoiler, standard black interior, but with a Rim Blow steering wheel, console, and fold down rear seat. It had a AM radio, with an antenna on the RR 1/4 panel, which would contact the rear wing when the trunk was fully open. I should get the Marti report, to see if it was a radio delete car, since I believe the antenna location on a factory radio car was on the RF fender. That is where it was on my other Mustangs, 2 each 69 and 70 Mach 1s.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

Just for comparison Rory here is my Boss 302 from 1975 I bought used at Richie Motors Lincoln / Mercury. The antennae is on the LR quarter, this was a heavily optioned car with a am/fm radio. The only thing it didn't seem to have are Magnums. It had 3.91 locking axle with an oil cooler to boot. I drove that thing to Los Angeles with my girlfriend, raced it at the old Irwindale drag strip.
Those were the days. One thing I forgot to mention is the prop rod to hold the trunk open because of the weight from the spoiler.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

RICH MUISE

We got room for one more family here in Texas, Tom!! Good to hear from you.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Good to see you again Tom. I think I can hear the Edsel's teeth chattering, poor baby..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

KYBlueOval

Looks like a Ranchero, with an Edsel front clip..............Am I correct?
John

Ford Blue blood

I believe you are John.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Tom
    It's good to hear from you.  You can keep all of that white stuff though.
    Keep warm.  Jay

hiball3985

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2021-12-04 07:51
Looks like a Ranchero, with an Edsel front clip..............Am I correct?
John
Good eye..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Fairlane62

fdlrc

Especially the hazardous materials placard on deck lid.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Ecode70D

I don't get it. Can't figure out what is painted on the deck lid.  What does flames on the back of the car mean?

RICH MUISE

Pintos were infamous for gas tanks exploding (I think if memory serves, on a rear impact). I couldn't make out the "sign" on the trunk lid either, but Les apparently figured out it was a hazardous materials "label" you see on the big rigs. You're up early, Jay.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I think it was a pointed bolt on the rear bumper assembly that would puncture the tank. Did Ralph Nadar kill the Pinto or the Corvair, or both..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang