News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dome light fingers. Where to find

Started by abe_lugo, 2022-04-18 17:20

Previous topic - Next topic

abe_lugo

I was working adding the dome light to wagon.  Luckily my spare dome light has the fingers but they are on the brink of breaking off.  Where would one find these? 
Also the frame around the dome light and the lens, I happen to come across some but no fingers.

Next to check the power to the dome light from the main harness. 

I fixed an exploded door jam switch and it is feeding power I have to check the drivers side.  Then find wheee the dome light Tee's into this circuit.

I was able to fix my driver side exterior lock so check on off the list today.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

I don't know about the dome light parts, but if you need jamb switches, I'd suggest Ron Francis wiring. They are made really well, unlike the ones I bought from a (?) '57 parts distributor that fell apart.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

ROKuberski

I know what you mean about those metal spring clips being fragile.

I looked in both Mac's and Concourse Parts and they list dome light parts.  Both the body and the lens.  Can't see the metal spring clips in their pictures. 

I have three catalogs ( Jerry's Classic Cars & Parts, Mac's Auto Parts and Concour's Parts - these catalogs are also filled with drawings that show different assemblies that are helpful) that I keep on hand to find parts and then do internet searches too. 

Rich

abe_lugo

I may just form some out of sprint steel, I did also notice that most repop places do not list the little frame that supports the lens on the 57 Dome lights. There is a seller on ebay with about 6 of them, just an FYI    
FOMOCO 1957-1958 B7A-13784-A DOME LAMP LENS RETAINER
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008