News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Sump Tube to Pan Seal on 292

Started by flatbedfred, 2024-03-08 11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

flatbedfred

I have noticed that there is no seal on the sump tube at the pan on my 292. So I want to put one on but I don't know what it looks like.Also I don't know whether it goes on the outside or the inside. I need help!!

cokefirst

The seal for that tube goes on the inside of the pan. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

59meteor

As mentioned, the seal goes inside the pan, and is a round copper looking washer. Also, don`t forget the rubber bushing that slides on the end of the tube, and seats inside the oil pump body, with a tube nut to compress it.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

flatbedfred

Thank you for that information. I thought that the only logical place to seal the pan was on the inside. I have a new seal for the pump which came with my Best gasket set. It is all rubber. From looking at various suppliers I though there was some metal inside that seal but I guess not.