News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Window Frame Clips

Started by whisper38, 2013-08-02 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

whisper38

I'm redoing my door panels as normal things are missing,does anyone know were I can get replacement screw clips for the window frame,1957 ranchero,need I think eight of them,or somehow to to attach the frame to the door.enclosed is picture of one thats not mine,but it show the clips.

Partsman

There are no clips the screws go directly into the places you have circled.  Be careful you don't get screws that are too long as they will raise the exposed area.  I did and had to tap down and file flat.  Also they use very small heads that are Phillips.
Bill

whisper38

Quote from: Partsman on 2013-08-02 16:37
There are no clips the screws go directly into the places you have circled.  Be careful you don't get screws that are too long as they will raise the exposed area.  I did and had to tap down and file flat.  Also they use very small heads that are Phillips.
Bill
the things I have circled are what is missing own mine.

RICH MUISE

wow..totally weird thing your missing there. I think those are spotwelded on, wonder how they got missing. Never seen them as a seperate item. You'll probably end up just picking up some ebay garnish mouldings, or figuring a way to make some replacements. Just thinking out loud here, but maybe some could be made from the u-clips redily available in many sizes, including machine screw threads.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

whisper38

As you can see mine are missing in this picture.

RICH MUISE

As I said...strange. Are you trying to get something installed to act as a similar "clip" without ruining the paint on the garnish rail..that welding in new pieces would surly do? If so, think about something that could be epoxy putty'd in. Wouldn't be oem, but it won't be seen. Again, just thinking out loud here.
another thought with the epoxy putty....you could get a buildup of putty in there, let it set up and then use the holes in the door to drill a pilot/locating hole. Using the pilot hole, you could then carefully drill it out for an insert with the right size thread to match up the screw head to the c'sunk hole on the door.Then epoxy the insert in.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

whisper38

Rich
Good idea,I'll might do that as for welding some replacements in there not a problem,I'm going with black and white interior,so the frame has to be repainted anyway.The outside is going to be kandy apple red,or something close to it.