News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door Lock Rod

Started by wighty, 2014-04-14 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

wighty

Does anyone have an extra Door Lock Rod and attaching clip that they could sell to me?  The photo shows what I am looking for. I don't know it's correct name, but it is the rod that the Door Lock Knob attaches to.  I have lost or misplaced one of mine in a recent move.

rk57meteor

I used little bit of lateral thinking here, for a similar problem (broke halfway on the threads) I used a motorcycle spoke . Found that , a  #8 inner spoke has the same thread pitch/diam and has a large head so won't pull through the hole on the lever on the latch mechanism. I had cut to length and roll new threads .  Word of caution  : Some spokes  have the dia. increased  on the portion of the shaft near the underside of the head and it will not go through the hole.  Clip was not required

57chero

I can stick one in a envelope and send it to you if you give me your address.

Hoosier Hurricane

What body style?  Retractable and convertible use specific right and left.  Fairlane hardtops use a different rod, both sides the same.  Customs, wagons, Rancheros use another rod, both sides the same.   John

wighty

Thanks for the advice and offer. Don Engel (57chero) has generously put one in the mail for me.  Everyone on this site is so helpful.

crusincv

I have them,10.00ea,S/H 5.00