News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

GAS CAP - GONE ?????

Started by smurfee, 2010-05-23 19:35

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfee

YEP, it just vanished, I was driving down the road &  suddenly realized I had lost 1/2 tank of gas, pulled over & could find no gas leaks then noticed gas dripping from the back bumper & opened the door & I had no gas cap, sure hope someone out there has 2 of them that will fit my fordor custom, SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK

JPotter57

Smurfee, I think you can still get those from NAPA.. Check and see, if not, I may have an extra one, not sure though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

smurfee

Nobody has anything to fit, I am suppose to be in a VETERANS parade sat. & this is a real problem, SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK

smurfee

JAY, the AUTOZONE 6040 cap would not fit, like a D.A. I forgot we have a local NORTHWESTERN AUTO that deals in & ships old car parts all over the USA & they had 6 of them (the original caps on hand) so I bought 2 !  :icon_bigsmurf: :unitedstates:
NEVER LOOK BACK

JPotter57

Glad you were able to get it cleared up.  Post the part number of the Northwestern part, we may be able to cross it at another store.  That 6040 part was supposed to be the one for `57-`65 cars, but I hadnt checked it on my car personally, sorry for the misinformation.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

ranchero57

Hi Guys
  Early HARLEY-DAVIDSON gas caps will work (up to early 70s)sorry I cant be more specific but I got rid of my first ranchero in 76 and cant remember when the cap type changed.If you drive to a harley after market shop and ask them to put a gas cap on your 57.I am pretty sure that a 57 harley sportster cap is the one that I used.Campy