News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

horn wire and set-ups

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2007-04-30 10:08

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

i just tring to get all my ducks in a row before i start this  worth-it rack and pinion conversion. what have you others done with the horn wire?? i'm planing on using my 57 colume. i haven't torn it apart yet to see how it runs and weather or not it can be run along side the turnsignal wiring ? any help will be highly appricated.

bagboy

I used 59 auto.t/s switches are avab for 60+.best to dump 57.are you using floor shift? If not I have pic./dia.to show you

wolfpupsdad

yep using top loader 4 speed.

bagboy

i guess that you could use add-on remote switch [napa]

wolfpupsdad

well i could bore a big hole in the dash and add a big red button that says "PANICK". what difference does it make weather i used a colume or floor shift??

wolfpupsdad

i'd still like to see any pics and diagrams you have on the wiring bagboy

RAWms

I asked a similar question aaaaaa lllooooonnnnggggg time ago and John (Hoosier Hurricane) mailed me this picture to post I think on the Y-block forum.  Too many miles have gone by now.   I originally wanted to do this on the '57 but wound up going with an IDiDIt column but this will work on the '40 street rod that is being updated with an IFS; Same problem.  Take a look.

I took apart an old alternator to get some parts to create the brush etc. connections. 

Hope this was ok John?   r

Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

wolfpupsdad

thanks Ra , the first thing that crossed my mind after looking at that drawning was , please forgive me for i know not what sin i em think'n, looks like the horn plunger from a mid 70's GM colume.

bagboy

wireing real simple, 59 does not present a problem. We built our auto linkage to AOD.PM me if your interested in a good 57 t/s and or colume.You will love your rack,my wagon drives great.90mph no sweat!!!!

wolfpupsdad

well thanks bag, your back in my old stomping grounds, i lived in the St. johns area for years before moving back to georgia.
nuttin wrong with my colume and from what i gather from mac's auto supply catalog , 57-59 T/S switches are the same, it's the horn wiring that i need to worry about.
right now i'm working the bugs outa my saginw pump bracket to the FE motor, rick hasn't got his done yet at wurth-it.