News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane Y Block

Started by chapingo17, 2022-02-16 10:33

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

I don't think I would have ever asked for a ticket with that big a number on it.  However, I have had my Corvette up to about 130 several times, but only briefly.  It's rock solid steady at that speed.

The statute of limitations has run out on the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGy1kPBR8-E&list=PLpOcKSzessf5SqJFFHV3x6DDX1Ra9kFLf&index=4

Rich

hiball3985

That is awesome Rich. When I was 20 in 1967 those speeds were easier to deal with, now at 75 the ranchero at 90mph gives me a bit of a scare.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

ROKuberski

I've always felt that our old cars were not safe at those speeds, compared to new cars, they are not safe in any wreck.  The Corvette is designed for high speed and it has air bags and other safety equipment.  However, it too is now 20 years old, but it's mine and I paid cash for it 10 years ago and I think it's still selling for what I paid for it.

I do have seat belts in the Fairlane, and power disk brakes and power steering.  Other than that, I try to be careful when driving it.  I figure that most any wreck would send it to the junk yard, or a parts car for someone else.

Rich

hiball3985

Quote from: ROKuberski on 2022-03-18 10:27
  I figure that most any wreck would send it to the junk yard, or a parts car for someone else.

Rich
X2, if I survive a wreck I'll just salvage the engine, trans, and rear axle if possible..
I have disc brakes and seat belts but those are a minimal safety.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

AH, the good ol days when we were young and bullet proof!  Remember a night run in my 70 Boss 302.  Straight road in southern WI, running along at 7500 RPM (3000 RPM = 60 MPH as confirmed by the IL State police) in the dark not giving a thought to deer or farm equipment (no slow triangles on stuff then) and living the "good life"!  Kids and combat changed that a little, just never lost the need for speed.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

young an bullet proof, after all those years  I'm full of bullet holes now  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

I never was bullet proof...just didn't have a clue.