News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Attention: GUESTS

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-10-16 08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Just one members opinion...
Almost always there are 10-15 guests at this site with just a few of us members logged in. In the last few days I've noticed 24 and 25 guests on at the time I logged in. Having that many guests on is great, and to me shows we must have something good going on here because word is getting around.
but...WE NEED YOU TO JOIN!...it's free.easy and non-fattening.
It's awfully hard for the relatively few of us active members to keep coming up with topics to post, mostly because this is a website for one year of one make vehicle. It will keep this site more interesting if the guests become members and do some posting. We want to know what YOU are working on, planning, or just thinking about.
New membres:If you don't have questions, please just log on in the general discusion area and tell us a little about yourself and your project..we're all interested in what's going on out there with other '57's we don't know about. Don't worry about asking redundant questions..not only is it going to happen, but when you have a website on one vehicle it HAS to happen.
AHHH...James..out of curiosity, I was looking for info on how to become a member, and I'm not finding it..maybe that could be a problem for others. maybe we need a big flashing banner saying "join here"..I can't be the only one that need to be wacked on the head with a board to get my attention (or a short skirt..either works LOL).
And one last comment...maybe you are a newbie at this or, like me, on your first build. When I tell people about this site, I have a bad habit of telling people this is a great place to get help, which it is, but I tend to forget there are alot of folks out there that are old hands at this and we could use their input.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I,ll work on that...good suggestion.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Somebody needs to get a life :003:
I hate blocksanding!

geraldchainsaw

checking in dosen't always mean we're not a member,    if we havn't anything to say maybe we';re just checking to c  if anything is new on the forum,   jerry

JPotter57

There are quite a few folks who register on here, but never post again.  I will keep there memberships on file for a couple years, if they never post anything, they get purged when I clean up the forums at renewal time.  This helps with storage space.  On the other hand, if they post a great deal of valuable info, and pass away like our friend Roger, I will keep them on the books.  There are two or three members still on here who have passed on, and I will keep them here for two reasons: to preserve their thoughts and ideas, which were valid then and now, helpful advice, and so on, and so we can remember them.  They were our friends.
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

As far as our friends who have passed on and leaving their posts online..I've thought about my '57 and hopefully my son getting it if he is wanting it if something should happen to me...what a great way for him to find out what was going on with my car and what I was thinking all the way thru.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2011-10-16 11:50
Somebody needs to get a life :003:
8...9...10. Maybe so Ron, but the way I look at it I'm mostly retired (unless an interesting project comes up),in good health, and get to spend whatever time I want on my passion/hobby with no hassles from my wife who still works and pays most the bills....I think alot of folks would consider that not a bad life....So, "get a life",...I guess I could become a couch potato and watch reruns of "Grumpy Old Men", but I think not.

JPotter57

:nutkick:
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

KidKourier

Rich, Even though I've been a member for some time I,m guilty of not logging in most of the time but lurking on the outskirts just reading the topics in the forum that interests me and participating on a few occassions.My old computer likes to log me off  even though I,ve checked the stay on forever box on every forum I partake (several) so typing in the info gets to be a pain so I procrastinate and settle for "GUEST". I badd!!!!  :deadhorse: I also think James's characters are truely funny,never seen those before LOL! KID

JPotter57

Hey Kid, I noticed the cool `toon didnt work, so I fixed it for ya!...Funny stuff, lol
Old, loud, and fast.