News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

jean simmons

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-05-27 16:13

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

for you that were in the military,        www.youtube.com/watch popupV=5tdIO23MKM             hope u can get it,  or maybe have seen it already.

gasman826

If the link doesn't work, in the YouTube search box type "Gene Simmons Military Tribute".  Gene Simmons of KISS may be a old rock star, he may be the nicest guy you'll ever meet or the biggest jerk.  But these people give their time without probably knowing how much it means to those standing in the audience.  Watching this video sent shivers down my back.

Zapato

Was lucky enough to watch a USO show in Nam back in '72, getting a glimpse of home when you're stuck away and you think nobody cares sure can lift one's spirits. That they come on their own dime and expect nothing back is truly an incredible gift to the troops.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

geraldchainsaw

i'sorry if i have posted something other then our 57's,   but todays something special,.   adding to what others have said,   i also was lucky to get to a USO show back in 56, naples italy ,.  with Bob Hope

Zapato

Gerald, do not believe that Mr.Potter will not have any problem with this thread. I'm not sure when Memorial Day changed from a day of remembering and honoring fallen patriots to just a day of remembering all who have passed on. Anyway 4 of us spent most of Friday sprucing up our church cemetery and the youth group placed flags on the veterans graves. We've only been in the neighborhood for 96 years so we have vets from the Spanish-American War forward.  Few Nam and Desert Storm vets in the congregation and thankfully we haven't buried any from our current war yet.

Forever grateful for those that gave all.

Zapato

JPotter57

I dont have a problem with it.  I think its a good thing when a celebrity steps up in support of our soldiers.  Mind you, tomorrow is a day to remember the fallen,  not the living, we have veterans day for the survivors of our wars.  I am thankful to every member of our military, past and present, living and passed on.  As has been said, memorial day, or decoration day as it is called in my beloved South, should be observed, not celebrated.  But to get back to the original subject, this isnt the HAMB, and there are no topic police here.  If things get a little off topic, as long as it stays clean, I dont mind.  I have seen the video at work on base, and its pretty cool, even though I dont listen to Kiss anymore since I became a Christian,  I appreciate the effort to give back to our guys.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Just one more thought from me on this subject and I'll shut up. When e honor the fallen and remember them we also need to acknowledge and offer support their families. That ultimate sacrifice we often think off they also share. That share is often sadly forgotten.

Zap-
Zapato

Zapato

Mr.Potter, your beloved south really knows how to honor and remember its fallen. When my family first landed in this country we lived in Miami. I remember being fascinated that in the middle of a shopping center there was a grave with a short white fence. Buried there was a Confederate soldier. Don't remember much more but was told that it was illegal to move his remains. All politics aside regarding that conflict all the fallen of it were patriots and in the south that is well understood.

Guess I really couldn't shut up after all.
Zapato