News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

repainting a hood

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-06-10 07:37

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,  i have to repaint a hood on one of my cars.     looking for a semi flat black that looks like primer,  have seen it on a few old cars,   any one use this kinda paint,   have any names or brand to look for?,   thanks     jerry

glen b henderson

Jerry, Eastwood and Summit has a flat black (Hot Rod black). But some off the guys on the HAMB use flat black from there local John Deere dealer, it is called Blitz black and they say it does a good job.
Freedom is not Free

RICH MUISE

Any paint supply shop should be able to mix up what you want by adding a flattening addative.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Quote from: glen b henderson on 2012-06-10 07:49
Jerry, Eastwood and Summit has a flat black (Hot Rod black). But some off the guys on the HAMB use flat black from there local John Deere dealer, it is called Blitz black and they say it does a good job.

and its pretty reasonable price wise. Rustoleum also sells some be sure to thin it down or it will take forever to dry. and that's available just about anywhere.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

suede57ford

I have been using SEM Hot Rod Black on some stuff and for a hood blackout it look awesome and is easy to use.

I do mix my own single stage urethane and have different ratios of flatners for them as well to get differnt glosses for special parts.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429