News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Project of the day

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-06-16 23:48

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Got my dash recovered with the lighter beige fabric tonight...came out ok I think....not great, but acceptable. After my first go-around with the darker tan vinyl, I made sure I picked the color I liked from the fabric line with the most stretch...made it a bit easier, but this much stretching is still a bear to do.
I'll add a second pic here...don't think I've posted this before, but this is how I mounted the mustang column to the stock brake pedal support bracket. The forward piece of 3/4 x 2 tubing that has the threaded rod thru it is welded to the top of the '57 brace. The rearward tubing is not welded. The screw eye hanging on the ends of the tubing mount to the dashboard....lots of adjustment in this setup.
In the second pic, if you look under the wire looms where they pass over the end of the '57 brace you will see a piece of plastic windlace (the tyoe with the stainless steel core). This stuff is great to add to sheetmetal edges that are in contact with electrical wires for a little added protection.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe