News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

some component issues resolved

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-06-29 15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I found some pieces of the puzzle this week. first being the air/heat vents. The units Ford Blue Blood suggested out of an 05-08 Mustang or f-100 wouldn't work because they were too large a diameter.I found a little shorty unit at Parr Automotive in Ok. city that had polished billet trim rings rather than plated plastic, and were not too expensive @ 30. ea.
second thing I found were some neat little windshild washer nozzles. They are actually headlight washer nozzles for a 69 Camaro rs. set of 4 for 32. Found them at classic auto parts, also in Ok. City in their chevy division
Also found a neat little steering wheel Ford Logo..I think out of a Taurus. Has little fold over tabs to secure it to the vinyl. I got to thinking this would make a neat little logo for a baseball cap....I may look for some more of these.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

gasman826

Its suprising how hard it is to find the right AC register.  The generic ones look so simple to install but few dashes are flat and they take up way more real estate than you would think.  Good finds.

Zapato

Rich are the Camaro spray heads a solid stream or fan pattern?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Just a round hole,so I imagine a stream. My main concern was whether or not they'd be enough of a stream, but the hole size seems to be substantial. I may hook up some tubing to that reservoir/pump i bought last week and hook up a power source and test them.
LOL...at 40 0r 50mph it probably doesn't matter whether it's a stream or fan.
The nozzle tip by the way is like a tiny heims joint...they can be swiveled to aim them

RICH MUISE

Got the nozzel checked out...as well as checking out the washer reservoir/pump I picked up at the salvage yard a few weeks ago. Definetly no problem with not enough water due to it being a headlight washer nozzel, it shot a stream clear across my garage!! Since I've got two extra to play with, I may see if I can alter the spray pattern....although I'm probably thinking too much on it...if I really need a windshield washing, it'll probably be a situation where I won't care if the water gets a little messy.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-06-30 21:13
it shot a stream clear across my garage!!

Rich you just have too much fun from time to time.....  :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 imposter

Hey Rich, Can you throw a tape on the round vents and see what the outside dia . is? I am trying to find ones small enough to go at each end of a 57 dash.  Thanks Doug Mc.

RICH MUISE

hole size and duct size are 2 1/2", outer dia. of aluminum bezel is 2.90", protrudes 1 7/8 behind dash. They also have a plainer looking, just beveled bezel avail.as well as rectangular.
www.parrautomotive.com

Zapato

not sure on size, but did a google image search for car ac vents and the ones used in the current min coopers look really nice. retro in style. non flap look almost a jet turbine appearance.

Zapato

57 imposter

Thanks, I'll go do some measuring. I don't think it will be easy to get anything up in the corners but we are using an extra dash shell so I'll try anything.

gasman826

Getting ones to fit the outside ends of a '57 dash is tough.  I really wanted them up in the dash for a more OEM look and have cool air on my face not my elbow.

Zapato

went to Harbor Freight today and when i came out there was a mini cooper parked next to me. checked out the vents from outside am guessing they're 2.5/3.0" range. Do look great. wish the owner had come out.

zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

jrw429

Do you want something measured? I have a 2005 JCW.

Zapato

Sure could you measure one of the round air vents in the center of the dash. And if you can post a picture that would be great Thanks.

Zapato

wildhog

Zap, All you have to do is sit up on the hood and the owner will come right out!!!!!
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)