News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trunk Floor and rear braces

Started by 512Fairlane, 2012-06-30 21:42

Previous topic - Next topic

512Fairlane

So I found a little rust on the 57.  The floors are great but a few of the rear braces are thin, especially the one that runs along the floor under the trunk.  Who makes the best replacements.  I found some in Mac's Antique Auto parts.  Are they good quality or is there a better alternative?

JimNolan

EMS out of Ohio. They are the best. I think there's one brace, I forget location, that they don't make and you have to make it yourself. It's in the rear. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

gasman826

I'm not aware of anyone making any of the truck floor supports.  I wish the EMS ones had been around when I did mine.

512Fairlane

EMS Shows pictues of the rear braces right behind the tire that I need #197. They list another number for a rear brace #229 but they don't show a picture.  MAC's has a part number B7A-11215-Brace that from the description sounds like the third part I need.  It fits between the frame and the trunk floor and runs all the way across.  The decription sounds right but the picture doesn't look quite right.  I'm pretty excited that those appear to be the only 3 panels I need to replace under this thing.  The rest of the braces are all solid.