News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

KKOA Salina KS Photos

Started by 57redwhitered, 2012-08-01 19:02

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

Enjoy

John
1957 Skyliner

gasman826

Almost a shame to drive them...almost.

suede57ford

That green custom 300 is really nice looking!   Thanks for sharing. 

I just brought home a white 300 tudor that had been in a barn for several years Sunday.   Of course it has the usual '57 rust spots, no engine or trans, but buildable.  I already put some skinny torque thrusts up front and some black steelies with 11.5x28x15 ET street slicks on it.   Looks cool for a car that doesn't run yet.   It took $35 in quarters at the local car wash to rinse all the west texas dirt out of it! 
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

You've seen more '57's in the past few weeks than I've seen in the past few years! Gotta keep an eye out for Kansas shows. Burgdorf's (sp?) '57 in one of your groups is still my favorite..has been for years.
(bronze and champagne silver 2dr with the Canadian trim)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sprink88

Love the flames on the top one.
~Chris

F570RD

Kind'a partial to the green one myself.Looked like a nice setting for a show.

57redwhitered

This is a great show that is held in a city park in downtown Salina.  I think there are around 1500 cars shown here and there are always some of the old customizers that attend, such as Gene winfield, George Barris, Bill Hines, and Darryl Starbird.  There is the Thurs nite cruise, Friday nite drags at the old airport, and the show on Sat & Sun.  Cars show up from all over the US.  I was really excited to See the number of 57's there this year.  It was an extremely hot this year (110) but there is a lot of shade in the park.  With the show I attended at De Monies and this one at Salina I nearly overdosed on old Fords, but what a way to go.

John
1957 Skyliner

57AGIN

57redwhitered:

Wow.  When I was first reading oaqnd looking at your info re Salina, I thought it was Salinas, CA.  I was almost convinced of this when I read the names of the famous customizers in attendance.  I finally did catch on that this was actually in Salina, Kansas, just a slight geographical error.  lol  I'm amazed at the turnout of great looking 57 Fords at both the Salina show and the DeMoines show.  Out here on the "left coast" we are very lucky to get 2 or 3 57's out to a show and my records of 57's at shows from 2004 to present indicate there are over 200 57's in just Southern California.  Bummer!!!  You guys in the Mid-West rock.

Bob
57 AGIN